What's new

Aloe vera

In my mad scramble for a decent aftershave for my sensitive skin I came to what seemed like a great idea. Why not use medicated aloe vera. So after my nightly shave i applied this aloe vera with lidocaine to my face. To my luck it worked wonderfully, the aloe quenched my skin, while the lidocaine eased the pain often associated with aftershave. Not only that but it was mentholated for a cooling sensation to cease sun burn, this menthol sensation was beyond my wildest dreams.
What I am getting at is... do any of you other B&B users have any household remedies such as this for after shave?

Not sure it's such a good idea to use lidocaine on your face on a daily basis.

I have used a combination of witch hazel and non-medicated aloe vera gel plus/minus a few drops of glycerin. Works pretty well.

U

Utopian

As part of my post-shave routine, I use real aloe vera. I cut off off about an inch off a leaf that was previously removed from the plant and rub it between my hands. Then I pick out the green bits and spread the juice on my face. It's about as natural as you can get and the price is right.

As Kingfisher suggests, I would simply use regular Aloe Vera on the skin.
BTW, plenty of commercial products use Aloe Vera as a base ingredient.

Top Bottom