What's new

Aloe!

In my mad scramble for a decent aftershave for my sensitive skin I came to what seemed like a great idea. Why not use medicated aloe vera. So after my nightly shave i applied this aloe vera with lidocaine to my face. To my luck it worked wonderfully, the aloe quenched my skin, while the lidocaine eased the pain often associated with aftershave. Not only that but it was mentholated for a cooling sensation to cease sun burn, this menthol sensation was beyond my wildest dreams.
What I am getting at is... do any of you other B&B users have any household remedies such as this for after shave?

I asked the pharmacist I work under today after seeing the post that BCatl linked to. He essentially said "everything in moderation"

0.3% lidocaine isn't a lot, and if used only occasionally, probably won't cause any issue. But, he said there is always the risk of tolerance or sensitization, since lidocaine is an analgesic.

I asked him about menthol, too, since I have always wanted to take just a crystal of it home and mix it into my AV or Osage. Not that the Osage needs it, but my AV doesn't kick like it used to for me. I think I built up a tolerance:lol:

Top Bottom