What's new

Brush recommendations?

I'm looking for a new brush for face lathering.

I would love a chubby buts its out of my price range (I only want to spend around $75) so I was looking at the duke or maybe getting a custom done. Any other good brushes in that price range I should be looking at?

Thanks.

I have used my Frank Shaving Silvertip badger brush for face lathering my C.O Biggalo cream, It works wonders and the price is right. You can find his brushes on Ebay for about $20-$30.

I actually have a FS silvertip and I find it too floppy for my taste. The rooney 1/1 looks like a good option. Is there a reason to go with a rooney over a simpson or they pretty much the same?

Last edited:
Vie-Long El Toro Ganso two band white badger is right at $75.00. Very nice brush for face lathering. You can't go wrong with any of the brushes that have been recommended. Look at the brush reviews on this site.

Rooney 3/1 in super $75 @ vintage blades. One helluva brush at that price point. It's handled everything flawlessly that I've thrown at it.

Vie-Long El Toro Ganso two band white badger is right at $75.00. Very nice brush for face lathering. You can't go wrong with any of the brushes that have been recommended. Look at the brush reviews on this site.

Nice Looking brush but the loft seems pretty high (50cm) for a face lather brush.

Rooney 3/1 in super $75 @ vintage blades. One helluva brush at that price point. It's handled everything flawlessly that I've thrown at it.

That looks like a pretty good deal. The Duke #2 is only $80 on thesuperiorshave w/free shipping.

Last edited:
Lotsa good options but I ended up buying a Duke #2 from thesuperiorshave. Just really wanted a Simpson brush in the stable. Thanks everyone for the help!

Top Bottom