What's new

Pens!

Gents, I have collected pens over the years. I thought it would be fun to see your collection. I have fountain, roller ball and ball point pens. I have another box that I need to find.

full

full

My favorites are my Mont Blanc. Let's see your collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know much about fine pens but I think I see a couple of Lamy's and at least one Waterman (a Phileas...sp).

I do not know whether to post or not! I am not sure anyone wants to see a bunch of cheap Chinese fountain pens, a Waterman, and a Schaffer! I am amazed at just how good the Chinese pens look, though. But it is kind of like looking a colletion of conterfeit Rollys!

Actually, I see that you pens are not all fountain pens. I do have some very nice looking Waterman ballpoints, roller balls, and even a pencil if I recall. Some of which I have not seen around for a while and should dig out anyway for display. And some dip pens, I suppose!

I like that display box! I make one that is similar, which I have on my desk, but yours looks like was designed and manufactured for the purpose from the beginning.

I put in an order for one of those retractables, by the way!

Sadly I sold a bunch to fund my shaving AD's.
But I still do have a Montblanc and a few Cross pens around.
I'll snap a pic tonight.

I am a big fan of German pens and I have a few, but for some reason, I have never really taken a photo of them. I will try to put that right tomorrow morning after the sun comes up.....

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Not wanting to sound stupid...but shouldn't this thread be in the 'Speakeasy'?

On the ogther hand, pens can be a very tricky to 'collect' because it is such a very deep and personal preference (fountain, rolleball, ballpoint).

I for one, love Montblanc Pens and I have a Rollerball "Starwalker" pen (engraved with my name and been with me over seven [7] years), which I enjoy immensely because of it's weight, large diameter and ease of writing.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
I have written three long posts now, and "manage attachments" has crashed my web browser every time I have tried to use it, using different browsers. So let's try it this way with a much shorter message.

Here are some of my pens, many if not most pretty inexpensive! I am missing, among others, some Waterman Le Man 100/200s with some interesting finishes, and a broad nib Pilot 78G I was given for Christmas, which I am fond of.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

[I see this is not working either for photos. I will try to fix later with an edit to this message!]

Last edited:
Pens I use at the office (lots and lots of brief writing that noone will ever see):

Waterman Phileas (in blue with Baystate Blue ink),

an Ivory and Black Chinese knock off of a Parker Duofold (DC Supershow Blue ink).

Pen I carry around (occasional, longer writing that will be read by others):

Hero 2019 with Baystate Blue.

Pens I use at home (where I won't lose them):

30's Parker Duofold Junior in Ivory and Black

Esterbrook J in blue with 4098 nib (flexible).

I have acquired a nice collection of fountain pens over the last 8 months. I have a Waterman Expert and Carene, a Sailor 1911 Realo, a Lamy 2000, a Pelikan M800, a vintage Conway Stewart 28, a vintage Parker Duofold and a Visconti Homo Sapiens. I have them all inked and use them daily.
I like trying diffferent inks and am in love with the Iroshizuku line. I didn't need another AD but what are you gonna do :laugh:

Pete

Nice pens!

Sadly, the mechanical pencil from the Parker 51 Flighter set might have been lost a week ago (this is an old photo). I'll confirm during the move and subsequent cleaning next week. Nonetheless, thanks! It doesn't hardly compare to your collection though :)

Sadly, the mechanical pencil from the Parker 51 Flighter set might have been lost a week ago (this is an old photo). I'll confirm during the move and subsequent cleaning next week. Nonetheless, thanks! It doesn't hardly compare to your collection though :)

I hope you find it. Look under the couch cushion.

Reposting pics for The Knize. I think the B&B software is not happy with the special characters in the original URLs. I get "Invalid URL" trying to attach them. I downloaded the images and re-uploaded to get them to show here. Nice looking pens. maybe you need another box!

I have written three long post now, and "mange attachments" has crashed my web browser every time I have tried to use it, using different browsers.

Thanks so much, Bertilak! That was very kind of you!

I meant to include a photo of the larger pen box through its glass top! I am amazed at how well it came out. I made it from what I think they call a "shadow" box that I bought on sale a Michael's for peanuts.

Actually, I bought three shadow boxes. One I use for cufflinks and another for straights.

I probably need more than one other box. I certainly do if I were going to give each of the dip pens and less expensive Hero and WIng Sung pens I have their own separate slots. Just got a retractable fountain pen today in the mail and they threw in a very nice looking marbelized green ball point pen. So the collection grows. I am real happy with the rettractable fountain pen.. Search Amazon and it should come up!

Thanks again, Bertilak!

I've always loved a good pen; ergonomics, reliability and economy come out as the top virtues for me.

My tastes are very "unevolved" compared to the likes of you pen connoisseurs, but my main picks for daily writing instruments are the Parker 51, Lamy Safari, and, for ballpoints, a steel Parker Jotter with a medium blue nib :thumbup1:

I've always meant to start a small collection but there aren't many pen goldmines to be found around these parts.

It's all a matter of time, of course: "Where there's an AD, there's a way" :lol:

My current favorite pen is my Lamy 2000. It writes so smoothly that with your eyes closed you might not think it's working. Its piston fill mechanism holds a good deal of ink. The design, while not something that everybody will enjoy, is very pleasing to my eyes.

proxy.php

I love pens! Really, I have this weired office supply addiction. I find myself going to Staples, Office Depot, etc. just to LOOK at instruments and stationary of all kinds. I would post a picture but unfortunately I am away from my collection at the moment.

In my case right now I have an 1897 Tiffany, Livescribe, and Uniball Signo RT.

Top Bottom