What's new

Soothe the Savage Beast - shaving at night

I was reading posts and noticed that someone in passing mentioned that they shave at night. Since my current routine has me strapped for time (wasting time on B&B hasn't really helped, but I'm addicted), I decided to try shaving at night.

In short, I am a convert. I got a great shave, and as someone else said, it was almost like meditation. I also have a hard time falling asleep at night (one of those people whose brain won't turn off) and fell asleep much more quickly than I have in recent memory (it usually takes me 2+ hours from closing my eyes to falling asleep)

Anyone else have good experiences shaving at night? Any advice for a newbie?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I like shaving at night. I like mixing my moisturizer and AS in my hand and putting it on at night. It will soothe burns and tighten our skin. However, after waking the next morning, I will strip it off my face with warm water followed by either witch hazel or Biori' face cleaner & astringent. This will clean my face of grime & oils that built up on my face while I slept. I will then repeat the AS & moisturizer mix to start my day.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I don't shave at night as I would need to shave again in the morning...

Until recently, I shaved earlier in the morning, but my baby girl started waking up sooner than I expected, so my 20 minutes of morning shaving peace went down the drain. So I decided to start shaving at evening when my home is finally quite :001_rolle. It's nice to relax with a luxurious shave after a long day.

I don't always shave at night but I enjoy it when I do. Before bed I usually get a chance to have the bathroom to myself so it lets me take my time. It usually depends on the situation though. I find that if I get a close enough shave at night, I will be ok for work the next day. If I am meeting clients for work then I will shave in the morning so that I have a nice clean shave. If I am going out on a Friday night then I will usually shave after work. For me, shaving every 1-2 days keeps me looking rather clean shaven. After that my coarse dark stubble becomes very apparent.

Being retired I can shave any time I want to. :001_smile So I usually shave in the late a.m. or early p.m. - except if I have a night engagement when I shave in the later p.m. :001_smile

I'm not a morning person so I've been shaving at night during the week. It gives me a nice break from the evening's normal activities. Plus, since I'm still learning I can take extra time. The last thing I want to be is rushed. This also means my preshave doesn't contain a shower. But tomorrow morning... I will have a shavesperience. :001_cool: I'm trying to figure out how to add in a good pipe smoke into the routine.

I shave at night right now (which is actually morning). I don't have to have a perfectly clean shaven face for my job and I find that even though my hair is coarse, I typically have little stubble when I get up. A few hours after I get to work though, is a whole different story. I'm just taking advantage of the ability to do this right now.

Being retired I can shave any time I want to. :001_smile So I usually shave in the late a.m. or early p.m. - except if I have a night engagement when I shave in the later p.m. :001_smile

I love posts that start of with something about being retired. Dude - you sound like you're loving it!

Top Bottom