What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

$IMG_20160930_115212.jpg$IMG_20160930_115234.jpg$IMG_20160930_115240.jpg

Beautiful hybrids. Do they have different properties?
This is a nice 7,4"x1,5" (mined ~1900). More on the harder side, fast with slurry and a very fine finisher. Very clean with some small manganese spots. Not sure if it is a La Petit Blanche but it is an outstanding stone.
$P1030940.jpg$P1030927.jpg$P1030937.jpg

Hi,

two little stones frome the La Nouvelle vein, I belive.
The longer one are coarse the other fine, with same properties, slow and giving a mellow edge that feels blunt.
Both have this kind of longitudinal wave line pattern with speckles, but couldn´t catch it with my poor foto skills.

$IMG_0117.jpg

$IMG_0116.jpg

Greetings

Attachments

• $IMG_0120.jpg
    $IMG_0120.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 116
Where was the flea market you bought that at?
It was at the fleamarket in the Netherlands. I bought it yesterday. I paid approximately 8 dollar. The strange thing is it isn't glued on a base. The seller told me it was from an old mine that is closed for years.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

As thick as it is it wouldn't need to be glued to a base and since its from a mine thats been closed for years there is no way to identify it. Its an interesting stone and has somewhat of a different look than most. Does it have like a pearl kind of shine to surface at all? A real fine sparkle when you look close?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I don't know if you can see it but is had somewhat of a glassy finish. It needs to be lapped of course. I thought it might be a les latneuses because of the different colours.

As thick as it is it wouldn't need to be glued to a base and since its from a mine thats been closed for years there is no way to identify it. Its an interesting stone and has somewhat of a different look than most. Does it have like a pearl kind of shine to surface at all? A real fine sparkle when you look close?
Do you mean that kind of pearl shine? What does that mean when it has a pearl shine? Thank you very much for your answer.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Top Bottom