What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

So my first new coti in a while. I couldn't resist. He had a receipt for a 10" x 2.5" Veinette and it had a THICK coti layer so for 225 I bit. Hopefully it's a good stone as I didn't really need it, sure is an upgrade to my 8" x 1.5" or barber hone size stones though. If nothing else I got good real estate for the money regardless of it being a Veinette.

proxy.php

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121624026522?txnId=0
He has more pics in the listing. Let me know what you guys think as I'm terrible at guessing veins.

I have a vintage stone that looks very similar to that (surface pattern) that's awesome. I was told it was a La Veinette also.

That stone did not look like an LV to me but who knows. It's very nice though

I personally didn't think it looks the part either but I wagered on him not having a second 10" er and passing me off the non Veinette.

Coming from inside my state so we will know soon enough. My broken vintage vinette has similar brown specs just not as pronounced. The thickness made me think it wasn't Veinette but the guy could have just gotten lucky.

Even if it's not Veinette so long as it doesn't auto slurry I'm happy just by the extra real estate compared with my other coticules.

Worst case scenario if I hate it I'm sure I can get at least my money back.

That wouldn't be my concern. My concern would be that 1barber sold it advertised correctly. They seem to have a few more in stock, including one that same size. Based on what he paid for it you got a good deal.

def don't think lv but from sides it could be, would have to be really soft one...lv can have such overwhelming grain pattern? unusual for sure, methinks was passing along a small fib, but in any case u got gr8 deal for huge stone so not too worry

Ha Hunter blades invest in hones . He has more money in hones , than someguys have in obligations . Good small coticule Hunter , congrats .

Ha Hunter blades invest in hones . He has more money in hones , than someguys have in obligations . Good small coticule Hunter , congrats .
Lol. Don't remind me. I'm not even close to wealthy. Just young and stupid, I spend a lot of money on hones and such that should go to other things, don't be like me. If I was spending only what I can afford I would be lucky to get 1 rock a month. I just have misplaced priorities and impulse control which led to my current collection.

At least I got a few razors this week. Been a while since I added some actual steel to my collection instead of just hones.

Gabe , im just like you , HADicted . I can afford 300 bucs stones , but still surfing the fleamarket like krazy . Im sure if had the money , ill invested also .
I somethimes remember that in practice everibody needs 4 hones for a good results . I already have 34 or more ha ha a h a.
Man it is a kiler hobby , the stone collecting .very good coticule . I get 3 this week / cotis / 3 razors , small thuri and horsehide strop .I gust broke all records /Im broke also /
Im also a 33 years not a uncle , definetly . Next to your coti in the Ebay was something more logic to invest into.Ha ha ha

http://www.backcountry.com/lol-arde...ferralID=3d58743b-ec4c-11e4-8fa7-001b2166c62d

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I think Noel has the record. Last September he went on a binge and bought a stone per day. Then he moved to Japan and I haven't heard from him since..

I think Noel has the record. Last September he went on a binge and bought a stone per day. Then he moved to Japan and I haven't heard from him since..
A rock a day keeps the doctor away? Hopefully all is well and he is just busy. No wonder he gets such nice specimens, he buys them all!

I sense some Jnats in my future this next week. I have a handful of stones in for testing from Alex's and I don't think I will be able to let a couple leave.

HAHA! I had it bad for a while. I had to avoid this site like the plague to finally make up for all that $ spent last year. This is my first time on here in months and I am finally catching up on all that I missed. I still haven't stumbled upon those mythical JNAT stands on the street corners that you were talking about though. Japan is a trip though.

$cotinew.jpg

This thread is a bad influence. I went playing around on the bay and never thought they would take my offer. Now I have this on the way. Looks interesting hope it performs well.

So that guy I bought the 10" x 2.5" coti from got screwed by 1barber. They sold him a La Grise as a Veinette. Luckily for me it's a nice Grise. No where near as slow as I have heard and first try I got a prett stellar HHT.

Gonna test shave this new Filly 13 later that's finished on it.(I got scammed on my Filly/Frictionite combo. The filly is NOS but needed honing bad and the "frictionite" is really a near worthless reliance hone. So I paid top dollar for a Filly 13 round point)

My first serious non scores so far from the bay. At least my blonde horn Tally Ho came with a killer edge. I actually don't even want to touch it up.(I think that's an ebay first itself)

Last edited:
Top Bottom