What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

So that guy I bought the 10" x 2.5" coti from got screwed by 1barber. They sold him a La Grise as a Veinette. Luckily for me it's a nice Grise. No where near as slow as I have heard and first try I got a prett stellar HHT.

Gonna test shave this new Filly 13 later that's finished on it.(I got scammed on my Filly/Frictionite combo. The filly is NOS but needed honing bad and the "frictionite" is really a near worthless reliance hone. So I paid top dollar for a Filly 13 round point)

My first serious non scores so far from the bay. At least my blonde horn Tally Ho came with a killer edge. I actually don't even want to touch it up.(I think that's an ebay first itself)

I called it....

So my first new coti in a while. I couldn't resist. He had a receipt for a 10" x 2.5" Veinette and it had a THICK coti layer so for 225 I bit. Hopefully it's a good stone as I didn't really need it, sure is an upgrade to my 8" x 1.5" or barber hone size stones though. If nothing else I got good real estate for the money regardless of it being a Veinette.

proxy.php

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121624026522?txnId=0
He has more pics in the listing. Let me know what you guys think as I'm terrible at guessing veins.

1barber has been selling all veins of coticules as la Veinette for a couple years now and sorry for your luck.

Very true. 8x3 are $300-$400 and this stone is larger. I just meant as far as buying what was thought to be a LV at a bargain price. if wasn't la Grise I would have bought it when it was first listed. That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them and it looks like a fine example.

Found another one. like the last time the seller didn't clean it so I wasn't sure what I was going to get. But I'm pretty satisfied 17,5×4,2 that's around 7×1,5inches
$$_3 (6).JPG
$20150428_132418.jpg
$20150428_141238.jpg
$20150428_141248.jpg
first is the seller's pic. Then before and after cleaning/lapping

$GEDC2287.jpg$GEDC2288.jpg$GEDC2289.jpgMy very first Coti and the first razor I put an edge on using it, can't believe I got so lucky with my first Coticule acquisition. This razor shaves very well, rivals some of my J-Nat edges in comfort and is plenty keen for my beard.
Thanks Yohann!

Actually slow on water as well. It's hard but not super hard. don't autoslurry and finished nicely and easily. I used it today after a softer and faster one. it worked really well. I think I have a good combo there.

You can tell by the original pics that stone was likely used with oil not that it matters and also wasn't used with with a slurry stone. See lots of Thuringans originally boxed with slurry stones but never old coticules. Just an observation.

Thanks.Yes, it is the other one cleaned up,which is a good hone and a little a bit harder.I have not got around to using the bbw but always had good results when I did.I like the length and it feels good to have the extra area and still be a great finisher.I have another vintage about the same size thats tough to get a great edge off of,but, its my only stone that gives me trouble,out of many.Interestingly the bbw on the longer one came with a real deep dish to it so maybe its worth trying.Story is, the long stone came from a Dutch barber.
Nice Lou. Is that the other one you cleaned up? Do you use the BBW side too? That is alot of real estate to hone on.
Enjoy.

Top Bottom