What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Finished lapping. This took some time and elbow grease. And I lapped through the inclusions that can be seen in my previous post. Not that it matters. Not a whole lot of difference in the two sides. But i satisfied my curiosity. $image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Wow this thread is f in awesome. So many beautyfull stones.
I started of with this piece of rock. I think it's a le Grise. Newly mined for sure.
Bought it last year from some knife supply shop. Very fine and very slow.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 174
You couldn't pass up on that stone you mean. I can see why. Looks nice. I like the kind of toy stores you guys have over there.

And Mikael, that brick is a beaut.

I broke that old beauty I got! Time to get some CA and fix said corner.

Any advice on brand? Gluing coticule corner back on the BBW base, fits almost seamless, busted on a manganese line.

I broke that old beauty I got! Time to get some CA and fix said corner.

Any advice on brand? Gluing coticule corner back on the BBW base, fits almost seamless, busted on a manganese line.

You might get in touch with the superior shave. He's toured the mine and if I had to guess someone who may know what is originally used to glue coticule to the bbw or slate, I'd pick jarrod. We exchanged a few emails before I purchased my bout, and he gave me some very interesting info on coticules in general. Hope it works out for you.

You might get in touch with the superior shave. He's toured the mine and if I had to guess someone who may know what is originally used to glue coticule to the bbw or slate, I'd pick jarrod. We exchanged a few emails before I purchased my bout, and he gave me some very interesting info on coticules in general. Hope it works out for you.

I was hoping for something that would fix the split and also hold to the bbw.

Anyone have experience with a piece of the coti breaking but not the base material? I'm assuming CA works...

What David said. CA and thinner is better. Don't be shy with the CA. Get all the surfaces wet and put together. The CA that gets on the surface is easily lapped off.

I want one of those fat brick cotis. A couple more too on the bay but im broke for now..

Fixng thar vintage today. It is the fastest cutting but fine cori yet for me. Black smarf in 1-2 secs of swirl on water.

Im very excited for it. Had a real coti itch lately.

If you ask me, Davids title should be "Stew'ing in Shaving Creams" But maybe I appreciate puns more than most.

Just bought this guy. Sold as a Jnat because apparently the source called it his "Japanese stone", but that sure looks like BBW on the back to me. Tiny little hone, probably not worth any more than what I paid regardless of what it is, but it looked like such a cool brick of coti I had to buy it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222159210634?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Top Bottom