What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

$photo.jpg

This was bought as a possible coticule,which seemed it looked like one in the pics when I bid...It easily slurries though does not smell like a coticule,its slow as can be,I tried it on a razor and got a good hht.What else does it resemble?It could be a coticule,but does not act like one.I have not removed it from the box yet.Thanks.

This isn't overkill, right? I don't have a problem...there are worse cases, correct? I swear there are no jnats or other stones in my rock cabinet...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413989491.906888.jpg

This was bought as a possible coticule,which seemed it looked like one in the pics when I bid...It easily slurries though does not smell like a coticule,its slow as can be,I tried it on a razor and got a good hht.What else does it resemble?It could be a coticule,but does not act like one.I have not removed it from the box yet.Thanks.

That does look quite a bit like a coticule, but seeing the sides and bottom would be a big help in knowing.
I'd say the most likely other stone is a charnley. The pattern, box and size all match, though the color would be a pretty rare one, not unheard of. In any case, definitely looks like a cool mystery stone, and a good buy.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
All of Noel's stones are on vacation. They're all sitting on his deck getting a sun tan.

Hahah a you guys are killing me! I posted a group photo on the "show me your natural stone collection" thread. That was a month or two ago though. I'll try an get another group shot when the wife leaves the house and the coast is clear.

Here are my La Grosse Blanche Coticules that are in time out, getting a suntan. They have been out there for months and I only have a few more weeks of this nice warm weather. They are all starting to show some darkening. I hope no one runs off with them...

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414073972.703549.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414073985.153058.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414073993.269521.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414074002.436282.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414074012.469529.jpg

Top Bottom