What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

proxy.php

This little guy is in a box like the 5 x 1 thuris. Just a little shorter and wider. Very smooth stone, like a harder La Grise. It also tans a bit, when lapping it lightened considerably.

I've always wanted a LGB and this little vintage seems close. From what I've read anyway of LGB.

It's just a thin piece of pure Coti. Enough to last for years if I don't use knives on it. It's in a hinged box like the labeled thuringians.

It's a cute little pocket stone for EDC knives though.

I just received a vintage Coti from Dcaddo111 as a prize. I'm stoked and can't wait until I have some free time to see what kind of damage I can do with it.
$Coticule.jpg

$1464358644422609092020.jpgmy cotis are of the la drassante variety,, medium fast with water only. Fast as fu#* with slurry! The smaller coticule is A la gross blanche and is very creamy and fast with a slight grainy feedback. They both give up buttery smooth shaving edges, but the bout....the drassante....oh my lord, it's ability to make a sharp, yet smooth edge is nothing like any coticule I've ever tried or seen. Is a diamond in the rough for sure!

Unbelievable Stones this Week My Friends, and David that is definitely one Heck of a Prize to bestow upon someone my Friend, Very Well Done and extremely Generous Good Sir:thumbup:

Couldnt resist that beautiful girl....Salmon/Orange colored surface with manganese dotted lines. From the side quite good amounts of Manganese deposits...

Fast stone with a nice finish, very hard stone.

Actually shes a big gurl with just 10"....

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Really nice stone. I have a dressante that looks a lot like that one.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 158
$SIMG0006.jpg

$SIMG0013.jpg

$SIMG0016.jpg

A NOS old stock cotcule 5x2x1 from an oldtimer box with shaving suplies It was with the original sharp edges on it - never lapped or used
Amazingly fine stone - Medium hard and very pure and creamy Best shaving edge from all the cotys ive ever try

Top Bottom