What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Here is my first foray with coticule. Select, size 6 bout, probably La Dressante, from Jarrod @ The Superior Shave. Had a small chip in the corner, I opted just to smooth it out rather than lap all the way through it. (unfortunately, didn't realize the curl of the sandpaper was rounding the edges on the corners...)

So it begins...

$IMG_1931.jpg

Nice looking rock Brandon, rounded edges and corners are fine by me. Do you have a slurry stone to go with it? I thought all I would buy was a coticule and a slurry stone but my slurry stone turned out to be big enough to hone on and all of sudden I'd started a little collection.

Found myself staring at this thread again as I await the arrival of another ebay coticule.

Here's my new little natural combo 4x2. It was labeled at one time but still has the box and the Made in Belgium stamp on it. I assume at one time it was a deep rock, old rock or the likes.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's my new little natural combo 4x2. It was labeled at one time but still has the box and the Made in Belgium stamp on it. I assume at one time it was a deep rock, old rock or the likes.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Since the label is already gone, I would lap the remains off and see how that side performs.

Phil

I see they've already multiplied. How are you liking the two on the right so far?

Well I needed a bigger one for the business you know... ; D I know I don't have to explain myself to any of you guys!

They are both excellent finishers, with the advantage going to the Grise bout on finishing/touch ups. The vintage feels very similiar to my Dressante both on slurry and on plain water, they could be related...

Got a natural hone at a bootfair this morning for a fiver....

$DSC_1423.JPG

Usual bootfair gem...covered in gunk and oil...black as a Yellow Lake but just one corner showed its true colours so a fiver secured it!

Will take a bit to clean up but it will go nicely with the other one I found at the same fair last year for 50p!

Now all I have to do is find a way of cleaning the dirty oily crud off of the mahogany box!

Cheers

Jim

Tropical Kent UK

Here is a picture of my one and only coticule so far. It's a La Dressante bout I picked up from here. The best edge I have ever gotten has been from this stone. I love it.

$IMG_0861.jpg

Here is my first foray with coticule. Select, size 6 bout, probably La Dressante, from Jarrod @ The Superior Shave. Had a small chip in the corner, I opted just to smooth it out rather than lap all the way through it. (unfortunately, didn't realize the curl of the sandpaper was rounding the edges on the corners...)

Looks like she has some faint blush marks on her. Looks good after the smoothing B.

Jon

New old coticule, glued to what seems to be a pretty nice bit of bbw. Looks as if the bbw has been used heavily for knives and the yellow side has hardy been used, or just as a final finisher. After a good workout with the dmt it's looking good and ready to go.

Gave a quick 20 or so laps on the yellow to a fading edge and had a great shave. Will give it a full workout soon. It's a nice size for in hand honing, my others feel either too big or too small, this is a coticule for Goldielocks

$IMG_4686.jpg
$IMG_4683.jpg
$IMG_4658.jpg
$IMG_4670.jpg

And a family portrait, you guys were rights these rocks multiply, maybe I should try dry honing after midnight:
$IMG_4664.jpg

Top Bottom