What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

If I had a stone and the left was different that the right I don't know if I would cut in half but I know I would use it as 2 different short stones. If it was long ways I would probably sell it as i have done in the past but making sure the buyer realizes what is happening.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/199439-It-is-entirely-possible-I-need-my-head-examined

I have since parted with the smaller piece, which is actually the more consistent piece, although faster. I wish
I could consistently get the HHT4 I bragged about in that thread.

Phil

Last edited:
Well 2 things i would try then are making sure your edges are beveled(rounded) and smooth as glass on the stone you are using and try just a wee bit more pressure and you should simulate some of the characteristics of the smaller stone.

Here's my latest addition. It's a 5 x 2 1/2 glued combo. The dark spots look to be BBW but I don't think it is because there is no grain to be seen in it. This pic is wet, when it is dry it turns a very pale color.

proxy.php

proxy.php

those are the new bouts Jarrod listed the other day? The one on the right is a La Dressante I was eyeing that stone too.

Both are Dressantes. Yes Matt, Jarrod posted them on Saturday and I had a fit that I couldn't buy them using the web on my phone and wasn't near a computer. Jarrod was a huge help as always. The man has top-notch customer service for sure.

I used the one on the left this morning for a touch-up. I was pleased. I haven't tried the one on the right yet, but have a near identical bout like it already only a little wider. I presume it will perform similar (which I like).

The one in the right is what I was eyeing. I REALLY want to buy that first spotted dog he has I love those stones for some reason, also love the rustic ones but couldn't afford one of those.

Here's my newest one. It came from Sham. Very nice natural combo. It's 175mm x 40mm x 18mm.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here's a up close pic. This is the first rectangle coticule I have seen with the grain running across the stone and not along its length.
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom