What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

First shave with my fast coti tonight - outstanding! I did a progression of 2k Shapton Pro to light coti slurry then dilution to 30 laps on straight water. HHT3 mostly, couple spots HHT4. Very very smooth shave, had to lift the spine a bit higher than with edges from some other stones, but great shave nonetheless and absolutely gloriously smooth ATG. Alum block sting was maybe 1/10 if that. I wasn't expecting it to be so good since it's so fast. Even better that it's an 8" x 2" and I got it for less than 1/3 the asking price! Feel like I won the lotto! I don't even know if I'll buy any more cotis, lol. Yeah...right! :thumbup:

I'm at work and just had a quick look. I just noticed that it was you. Good it's working for you. I have one that's crazy fast on water as well. But it's a little too small for what I like. Next time I have some money to burn I'll look for one like yours. And then I'll be set. :tongue_sm

Yeah I have one even faster, which is nuts really, but it's a lot smaller (maybe 1.25" x 4") and only has about 1/32" of coticule left. I got very lucky on the new one, the original auction starting price was very high but I made a pretty low best offer for the heck of it and since nobody else placed a bid the seller accepted it! Still kind of surprised!

Last edited:

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Does anyone have a link to that giant cased coticule in the museum? Seems like it was a 16" nat combo or something like that.

BTW, I asked to see what one of these massive stones would be to order. A selected quality 250 x 60mm is 338 euro, a standard 260 euro. Something like 350x90 can no longer be produced, but if they could the prices would be double the ones above. So there you go...

David

BTW, I asked to see what one of these massive stones would be to order. A selected quality 250 x 60mm is 338 euro, a standard 260 euro. Something like 350x90 can no longer be produced, but if they could the prices would be double the ones above. So there you go...
Did he say why the 350mm stones can't be produced? I wonder if its a machinery issue or the quality of the stones?

$20150306_162732.jpg

David

Little John

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 133
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 133
  • $image.jpg