What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Scott can attest to how hard this sucker I have is. It's like trying to raise a slurry on a hybrid with a hybrid slurry stone.

Couldn't stand it so did some experimenting.
Either of these (new from TSS last week) LVs are very fast, either with the tiny slurry stone I made from one of them or another combo slurry stone that was sold to me as LV.
If I use the older (to me) slurry stone on 2 other vintage glued rectangle cotis I have they are much slower, but if I use this newer tiny slurry stone, they are almost as fast as the new LVs.

Also forgot to add, when using the new LVs and new slurry, the bevel @ 60x looks more like the "hazy" edge from a Jnat than the normal fine scratch pattern from a coti.

Got my "new" vintage coti today in the mail from Italy.......
Really dark slurry......
Will be a nice addition.......
Can't wait to use it.
$20141119_171059.jpg$20141119_171150.jpg$20141119_171309.jpg

I had to pay and arm and a leg for it, but it was worth it. I've been looking for a coticule like this since I started collecting them and if I had to design my own dream stone this would be it (5 x 2.5 x 1.5). I love manganese inclusions and this one is a beast. Honed up a goldedge on it today and it was a heck of a shave. I believe it's la veinette but it's vintage so who knows. I'd love more information or opinions from those more in the know.

$IMG_2329.jpg$IMG_2330.jpg$IMG_2331.jpg

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
So you're the one that got that. Sweet congrats! I didn't bid, but I was looking at it pretty hard. Glad to hear it went to someone here and that's it's a good stone.
Not sure if its an LV. Ian or Scott would have a better idea. Whatever it is, congrats on a sweet stone!

Thanks...you don't want to know what I had bid up to just in case someone tried to snipe. There was no way I was letting this one get away. I've been patient for the past several months watching a lot of nice stones go by - got a few decent stones at flea markets and junk shops over the past year but nothing this costly...I actually had permission from SWMBO for a change so it was all systems go.
I'll treat 'er well come christmas time (swmbo that is).

I had my eye on that one too but I'm glad it went here. Good luck with it. I just grabbed two vintage Coticules from France but they are in the smaller side. I keep trying to get rid of some and instead end up getting more. This is getting out of hand.

Top Bottom