What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Well I just over paid for this but here's my new vintage Pike 7" Coti. It finally cures my HAD (at least for awhile). I just need a slurry stone and to figure out how to lap it without losing the stamp.

http://imgur.com/a/bS0DI
That is a NICE stone! Not sure how you're going to lap it without losing the stamp, unless you made some sort of stop that covers the stamp while lapping. I've got a small triangular la dressante slurry stone that's really hard. If you want it PM me your address.

That is a NICE stone! Not sure how you're going to lap it without losing the stamp, unless you made some sort of stop that covers the stamp while lapping. I've got a small triangular la dressante slurry stone that's really hard. If you want it PM me your address.
Don't lap it. Just use it

@Dcaddo111 Thanks man, I was watching it all week after I stumbled across it on accident. Yeah I'd definitely be interested in that stone, thanks!

@Scott Yeah I think that might be the plan to start. Clean it and see where it's at.

Congrats! Very nice stone. They are usually quite fast in my experience. Either lap crossways or you have to lap at an incline if you want to keep going longways with the lapping plate.

Last edited:
$1.jpg$2.jpg$3.jpg$4.jpg

I think photo 1 is a LaVeinette and Dressante.
The next 3 are the same stone, not sure of what vein or name. Maybe someone can confirm what they all are?

David

Nice looking stone on the left! Haha. Hope you're enjoying it. It's a vintage so there's really no way of telling the layer, but that's a good stone. Have you used it yet?

Nice looking stone on the left! Haha. Hope you're enjoying it. It's a vintage so there's really no way of telling the layer, but that's a good stone. Have you used it yet?

The pic showing two stones, yes I have used the one on the left quite a bit. Bought it some months ago from a member here w/o mentioning names, not sure if it's allowed.

The 3 pics of the same stone just arrived and haven't used it yet. The sellers name closely matches someone on this board :001_smile which greatly increased my confidence in the purchase :). I won't say their name either but it can be figured out with some sleuthing skills :). I'm looking forward to trying it out later tonight. I've got a troubled blade that is has trememdous spine wear caused when I was first trying my hand at honing. I dont know if Im any better at it, but I can get edges that are shaveable so . . .

David

Yeah I was talking about the last stone. (The one I just sold you ) haha. And it is a really good one. Hard, great feedback, fast on slurry and a good finisher. I hated to see it go but I'm glad it went to someone here! Let us know how it works for you!

Will do. I noticed your name on the sale, and remember a member with an almost identical name, was just too coincidental. I just had to buy it. :)

You know the only thing I wish I "could" find is a very bright yellow vintage with a kinda brown colored backing. For some reason I want to display it on a shelf.

Again, thanks and thanks . . .

Ron

Got a chance to use this stone tonight. Nice draw and feel, buttery smooth. Haven't shaved w/it yet, but passed a hht so I expect a fine shave in the AM. didn't do a full dilucot, just a touch up to a tugging straight. 30 x strokes followed up w a stropping.

David

Got a chance to use this stone tonight. Nice draw and feel, buttery smooth. Haven't shaved w/it yet, but passed a hht so I expect a fine shave in the AM. didn't do a full dilucot, just a touch up to a tugging straight. 30 x strokes followed up w a stropping.
Good deal man! I'm glad it's working well for you. Thanks for the follow up!

David

My HAD has been whispering in my ear lately for a rectangular la dressante. I have two bouts, but I'd like a bigger one...like an 8x2. I wonder if ardennes can get these now? Seems like all the dressantes they offer are small bouts.

Top Bottom