What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Looking at this thread is bad for me. I'm lucky a very quick search for the coticule I'm interested in (maybe La Grise? perhaps a glassy finisher) doesn't turn up any current sales, or I'd be ordering my first stone.

Phew...it was a close call.

Last edited:
Looking at this thread is bad for me. I'm lucky a very quick search for the coticule I'm interested in (maybe La Grise? perhaps a glassy finisher) doesn't turn up any current sales, or I'd be ordering my first stone.

Phew...it was a close call.

A lot of TSS's (thesuperiorshave) available stones are La Grise if that's what you're interested in...Just figured I'd feed your HAD!!
:laugh:

Well here is my new vintage. It is 5x2.5 13/16 thick natural combo. it is fast on water and slurry and very fine. Feedback from this hone is nothing short of Incredible. I am very pleased with it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Under the Lamp on my Honing table

proxy.php
Nice rock Jon. I'm looking forward to breaking out a couple of razors tomorrow to try mine - I think the 16x5.5 cm one might be a winner. The yellow one seemed to be the softest followed by that one, the big pink one seemed very very hard as did the long skinny one.

Jon, that looks like a old Deep Rock coticule, my barber has one that looks just like it.

The More I use it the more I think tha tis the casr Rick. I have not used a coticule that even feels like this one. It is amazing to hone on. The only one that comes close is my little 30x100 slice of La Veinette.

Sounds Awesome Paul.. Let us know how it goes!

Nice rock Jon. I'm looking forward to breaking out a couple of razors tomorrow to try mine - I think the 16x5.5 cm one might be a winner. The yellow one seemed to be the softest followed by that one, the big pink one seemed very very hard as did the long skinny one.

Just honed a nos razor on the pinky using the undilucot. Wow! Talk about a fantastic edge - I admit to having used tape but I took it from dragging it on a glass to shave ready in about 5 minutes - glassy but forgiving feel.

Just honed a nos razor on the pinky using the undilucot. Wow! Talk about a fantastic edge - I admit to having used tape but I took it from dragging it on a glass to shave ready in about 5 minutes - glassy but forgiving feel.

Wow, 5 minutes? That's awesome! How many refreshes did you do just out of curiosity?

Seems everyone is in a rush to hone now days. I like to take my time with my coti and really enjoy the time spent honing.

Wow, 5 minutes? That's awesome! How many refreshes did you do just out of curiosity?
Iirc only 3 or 4. One complete refresh after setting the bevel and then two or three more. Think I did one dilution whilst setting the bevel too. Reckon I probably only did 150 strokes or so. Absolutely stunned with the result, tried the HHT after stropping and I've never hit it so well!

Just thought I'd post this as "mine"... Scott (life2short) was gracious enough to allow me to take it off his hands! It's a La Petite Blanche bout...haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I can tell it's hard and fast! I bet Unicot would work awesome on this bout!! I also plan to try the "undilucot" on it...I'll be sure to post my results!!

$20130213_192608.jpg$20130213_192850.jpg

Just thought I'd post this as "mine"... Scott (life2short) was gracious enough to allow me to take it off his hands! It's a La Petite Blanche bout...haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I can tell it's hard and fast! I bet Unicot would work awesome on this bout!! I also plan to try the "undilucot" on it...I'll be sure to post my results!!

View attachment 309208View attachment 309209

If Scott keeps selling us all these "beautiful" coticules, I wonder what he is holding back on!!!!!

this stone was mine. I brought it from the invisable edge . bart told me it was la patite blanche glued to slate ..yes its a hard stone moderatly fast fast on slurry more like fast .. Now i no they say unicot is fool prof, but i have had subpar unicot edges..the stone you have unicot worked blind folded...set bevel and do 20 laps on misty slurry followed by 50 on water and you will see.. yes try undilucot . i never spent enought time doing dilucot but i'll bet if you workk circles in sections you will get a great result...

Top Bottom