What's new

Code red: Walmart has reached critical mass

I guess I will pass on the new black pack WM Wilks.

Thanks,
Mike

OMG...HORRIBLE BLADE! My face is torched. I managed to deal with doing a whole pass to make sure it wasn't me and I have burn and irritation in places I NEVER get it. That means it's the blade. I could feel some dragging (about the same as a Red IP) and it just wasn't an efficient cut at all, left a lot of stubble behind after pass 1.

At this point, I blade banked it and went to a Yellow 7 O'Clock. It was better, but I think I had so much irritation by this point that even the Yellow was bothering me.

Bottom line, those WS Blades aren't worth 1/10 of the 1.76 I paid for them. I'll probably keep the black plastic box to put 10 other blades in for storage in the medicine cabinet (I think the Med Personnas come loose in a cardboard box) and toss the rest of the WS.

toss the rest in an envelope and save me a trip to walmart? :lol:

What kind of markings are on the blades? That may be the key to unlocking the mystery of the wilkinsons

As I don't have a working digital camera at the moment (thanks son!) I can only describe what I see. The metal dispenser blades only have "D 1" stamped on them. No other identifier.

The black box and the white box/white card classics I have look to be identical, having the WS logo stamped on the blade.

ill give that a whirl and see. ive hand stropped blades in the past and couldnt tell it helped at all. maybe it will this time.

Good luck with that. Could try corking as well. As I said before the blade was pretty bad with the shave creams I would normally use but worked fairly well with Barbasol. I'll probably come back to these blades in another razor a few shaves down the line.

I guess I will pass on the new black pack WM Wilks.

Thanks,
Mike

Don't one, two or even a dozen guys' opinions on a product keep you from trying it. The YMMV thing comes to play in everything. If you try them, and they don't work for you, just PIF them and chalk one up for experience. Don't be afraid to try something just because you read some bad experiences.

I'll probably come back to these blades in another razor a few shaves down the line.

You would think that blades would not have that much variation in them from brand to brand, but it is quite amazing that they do. And it is is more amazing to me that one blade will be great in one of my razors, and down right awful in another. Gives more more reasons to have more razors and buy more blades. :lol:

Top Bottom