Alcohol Method for Knot Removal
Gentlemen, I tested this method many vintage brushes and voila! It really works to remove old knots very easily. I actually use lemon cologne which contains 80 degrees of alcohol.(I am not sure maybe %80 alcohol)
Here is the process step by step.
1) Cut the bristles gently.
2) Infuse the cologne into the knot.
3) Wait for drying the cologne several hours or a night.
4) Use a screwdriver to loose the bristles.
5) If the knot is not loosen turn back to Step 2.
6) Pull the bristles with your pliers(before that step cover the knot ring with plaster.)
I prefer this method on my catalin handles which are very sensitive for drilling if you are not experienced on it. I hope this method will ease your restores. Have a nice day.
BOTOC - http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/User:Bestarrkin