What's new

Gratitude for The Brown Leaf

I would just like to express my appreciation for the creation of this forum.

While I rarely ever pick up the pipe or enjoy a cigar anymore (marriage can do that), I still appreciate being around it.

I used to spend a lot of time on pipe discussion sites (pipes.org anyone?), and this new forum brings back memories.

Thank you to whoever came up with the idea(Jim?), and thank you to James (jwhite) for writing guides and generally making the place feel complete.
:thumbup:

I would just like to express my appreciation for the creation of this forum.

While I rarely ever pick up the pipe or enjoy a cigar anymore (marriage can do that), I still appreciate being around it.

I used to spend a lot of time on pipe discussion sites (pipes.org anyone?), and this new forum brings back memories.

Thank you to whoever came up with the idea(Jim?), and thank you to James (jwhite) for writing guides and generally making the place feel complete.

Ditto. I use to have Short Story and Johnie gold, neat:tongue_sm before every Sopranos episode on Sundays.....when I was single. I still have a humidor full of Short Stories, CAO's, Padrons and Romeo & Julietas Special Reserve nice and moist and aged

It's kind of odd that the first forum I was a member of was a pipesmoking forum. That's where I found out about B&B, I haven't revisited the other site in over a year. When Jwhite started the social group for pipesmoking I was one of the first to join. Now that we have our own forum it's usually the first one I check. As the newness of wetshaving has died down for me, I find myself spending more time on other interests. I love it that B&B has a variety of topics on the boards and the members here are more to my liking than on other forums. I greatly appreciate the Brown leaf and Jwhite, I suspect it was his idea.:thumbup1:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The success of this sub forum makes me wish I didn't stop smoking.

That doesn't mean I'm selling my Bohemian Scandal.

That doesn't mean I'm selling my Bohemian Scandal.
:117::o11::ohmy:

I also have to give it up for James(Jwhite) and Jim. This is shaping up to be a fantastic sub forum with some great members and leadership. I usually drop in here first before looking at other sections of B&B.

Thanks for the thumbs up! Its the participation of all the fine folks here that really make the place. All of you deserve a lot of credit for your contributions and excellent demeanor.

I wish I could take credit for the idea but I was just as surprised, (and pleased), as many of you when Jim told me about this addition to the forum and asked if I would serve as steward. I'm under the impression that it was a group decision by the Mod team, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jim was a driving force. He certainly has been very supportive and right on the spot to lend an ear or a hand in making things work.

As James mentioned, adding the BL forum was a team decision,but not a hard one. I am delighted by the early success.

While we have matured as an entity along with many of the members, they have expressed how they came for the shave and stayed for what we call- Off Topic forums. We are firmly committed to meeting this need with the special B&B flair that makes our forum what it is.

The only requirement for a new fora is content and use, if enough members post about it we can make it a reality.

So I am pleased to be part of the BLF but it's really the fine B&B members who should be congratulated.

Have a cigar!

Can't stress enough how much I agree with all that has been said here. I really like B&B (the members are so much nicer than so many other forums that I have seen), and really appreciate this subforum addition.

Thanks for the thumbs up! Its the participation of all the fine folks here that really make the place. All of you deserve a lot of credit for your contributions and excellent demeanor.

I wish I could take credit for the idea but I was just as surprised, (and pleased), as many of you when Jim told me about this addition to the forum and asked if I would serve as steward. I'm under the impression that it was a group decision by the Mod team, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Jim was a driving force. He certainly has been very supportive and right on the spot to lend an ear or a hand in making things work.

Well then thanks to Jim and the rest of the team for making it happen. I should have known Jim had a hand in it. By far, this is my favorite subforum.:thumbup:

Top Bottom