What's new

Avon on the Bay

I've been looking on the bay at some of the vintage products to acquire.But before diving in I was hoping to get some feedback..reviews/comparisons of the scents.
Sports Rally
Brisk Spice
Leather
Oland
Spicy
Blend 7
Tai Winds
Tribute
Island lime
Cavalier
Bravo
Weekend
Excalibur
Cordovan
Friktion
Everafter
one simply named Avon
LOL
I know this is a lot to be asking about ,but this is most of the lower priced 60's-80's era a/s from avon that are commonly found.Outside of Wild Country and Black Suede of course.
I also hope the replies could be used as a guide to the many avon a/s found on the bay or in flea markets and antique shops.
thanks in advance for the replies people.

Tai winds smells like brut to me
Spicy is an Old Spice knockoff, but a bit sweeter IIRC
Cordovan is a relatively tough one to describe, almost a leathery wild country without the sweetness
Friktion is one of the late 80's early 90's generic scents that smells like everything else, kinda fruity and fresh

Ahh! Some good scents!

Spicy is ALOT like Shulton Old Spice but in my opinion even BETTER.

Tai Winds is an Oriental blend in the same vein as Hai Karate but not as tacky.

Blend 7 I cannot explain but I have several containers of it and I dig it.

Tribute is probably my favorite of them all and the one I wear most often.

I do not care for Leather in the least :thumbdown Its the only Avon scent that I dislike.

Be aware that ALL Avon AS is stronger than just about anything else and the scent stays with you more like a cologne.

Hope this helps.
Wp

Love Tai Winds it is a classic and it is true Avon stuff is strong so follow the motto of a little dab will do ya. :thumbup:

I bought this vintage Avon Bay Rum on the bay a while ago and it smells wonderful.

The scent lasts all day on my skin, and the bottle looks fantastic.

proxy.php

thanks guys.
looks like tai winds,cordovan,blend 7 ,spicy and tribute move to the top of my list.the rest will probably be put into "if i stumble across them" pile.

I think Pages and pages can be devoted to Avon.
It's great stuff in general.
Great collectibles as well.

If you want to try it but don't know a Avon Lady, just look em up in the phonebook and they will let you know of people in your area.

Top Bottom