What's new

Bent razors safety razors from Ebay.

I noticed a few razors I received over the last while from sellers on Ebay, that some razors are slightly bent, one quite badly. One seller never mentioned that some of the razors he sold were bent, Ebay description says: I am no expert in razors, some defects are apparent, razor sold as is, with on picture, usually of the bottom of the razor. When I receive the razor, the silo doors are either bent on one side or the railings are a bit off. I guess the seller might have listed these to cover his own ***. But the item wasn't fully described in proper detail. Also I hate it when you buy a razor from ebay and somebody just tosses it into a lightly padded envelope, like a mailer envelope. It should be in a small carboard box, when I get the razor usually the envelope is all torn around the head of the envelope from other mail/parcels hitting the package in transit. If a heavy object landed or fell on the envelope, the razor head would be damaged, so that might be the reason why some items arrived slightly bent? I don't know for sure if the razor was like that or was damaged in transit? But some people should package things a little better.

Poor packing is the bane of Ebay. I've left neutral and one negative feedback because of it. The excuse "you should have purchased insurance" doesn't quite cut it either as that won't overcome imbecile packing. Good packing takes only a little thought and less time. Truly, the situation deteriorated to the point a couple of years ago that I was altogether ready to swear off Ebay.
If the product was damaged to the point that it "was significantly not as described" then you may have a legitimate gripe through either PayPal's or Ebay's buyer protection programs in spite of the buyer's assertion that it was sold as is. There are certain standards of accurate representation that must be maintained. In the future when you are bidding on Ebay you might ask the seller for detailed photos particularly with items that you will be using on your person. I've forgone several prospective purchases after examining a more detailed set of photos of something I thought I might be interested in. Any seller that won't accommodate this type of request is suspect and to be avoided. I'm sorry that you've had this spot of bother.

Top Bottom