What's new

Now Why Didn't You Tell Me About This Art of Shaving Stuff?

Oh wait a minute. Actually you did. So many have raved about Art of Shavings Sandalwood soap that I just had to get one. So I did. After just a few shaves I can honestly say this could be the finest shaving product I have tried, and I have tried MANY. I am usually a cream guy. But I love my Tabac, and now I love this. My favorite soap to date. The slickness and lather ability I got from this soap was second to none. Feathers are usually too rough for me. But I tried one in my Merkur 11C open comb tonight and had a wonderful shave. First time Feathers ever worked for me. I blame the soap. Thanks for introducing me to this one.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My den will never be with it (not an AoS kind of guy) so the universe is once again in balance. :biggrin1:

This is so sad... :a35:

AoS is in an area of the universe that does not need your help to balance, as it is already inherently balanced by EVERYTHING else that is wrong in the universe. It's kinda like Chuck Norris that way.

AOS Sandalwood cream is one of my favorites. I could use this as my only cream/soap and not complain a bit.

Let me be the first (not really the first) to say AOS is great, yes great when it comes to soaps and creams. I will put them up against anything. The AOS Sandalwood Soap like others have said lathers great, protects great and smells amazing. Both the soap and the cream are worth the price, you get what you pay for.
I not a big fan of an electric shaving brush, still think this is a joke. Look at it this way don't buy razors there (unless you have a coupon) but shop there for other things. How many of us buy everything in the one store. CVS and walgrees sell bread, milk and eggs but are overpriced and I tend to get those things elsewhere.

Every wet shaver should have one of their soaps or creams in their den. I have them all.

Just my 2 cents.

To all a happy and healthy new year.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Let me be the first (not really the first) to say AOS is great, yes great when it comes to soaps and creams. I will put them up against anything. The AOS Sandalwood Soap like others have said lathers great, protects great and smells amazing. Both the soap and the cream are worth the price, you get what you pay for.
I not a big fan of an electric shaving brush, still think this is a joke. Look at it this way don't buy razors there (unless you have a coupon) but shop there for other things. How many of us buy everything in the one store. CVS and walgrees sell bread, milk and eggs but are overpriced and I tend to get those things elsewhere.

Every wet shaver should have one of their soaps or creams in their den. I have them all.

Just my 2 cents.

To all a happy and healthy new year.

Hard to add anything to this. The problem most of us have with AoS is the arrogant marketing and clueless staff. At least the outlet by me recognizes me at this point, to the extent that the manager will intercept any hapless staffer that takes a step in my direction, saying "For the love of god, don't say anything to that man!" That didn't stop one poor chap from approaching my daughter while holding a new razor replete with flashing lights, rotating brush, and a monkee clanging two cymbals together. She looked him dead in the eye and said, "Oh boy, you're going to get it now."

As for their soaps and creams, they really don't get any better.

I've tried AoS sandalwood and agree the performance from this first tallow soap is outstanding. The scent however is not to my nose's liking. Just a personal thing, it's a great soap, just not for me.

David

I looked at the price....That's all it took to prevent me from joining this group.

the price is kind of high buy you do get what you pay for it takes very little product to build up a good lather so it last you a long time well worth the price i think some times you could find a good deal on ebay :thumbup:

Hard to add anything to this. The problem most of us have with AoS is the arrogant marketing and clueless staff.

As for their soaps and creams, they really don't get any better.

I agree. Some really first class product with third class marketing and staff.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
AoS lasts me three times as long as any melt+pour soap, on a per-shave basis it's only a bit more expensive.

If at all. When I use a M&P, even a great one like a QED, I can see it getting smaller with each use. The AoS pucks look new after fifty uses.

At least the outlet by me recognizes me at this point, to the extent that the manager will intercept any hapless staffer that takes a step in my direction, saying "For the love of god, don't say anything to that man!" That didn't stop one poor chap from approaching my daughter while holding a new razor replete with flashing lights, rotating brush, and a monkee clanging two cymbals together. She looked him dead in the eye and said, "Oh boy, you're going to get it now."

Haha :lol:

This is so sad... :a35:

AoS is in an area of the universe that does not need your help to balance, as it is already inherently balanced by EVERYTHING else that is wrong in the universe. It's kinda like Chuck Norris that way.

I disagree. I find it happy and rewarding... :001_smile

AoS is an area of the universe that is fundamentally a part of everything else that is wrong with the universe, and I'll not have you sully the good name of Chuck Norris with the pompousness of AoS, nor the funk of sandalwood.

:tongue_sm

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I disagree. I find it happy and rewarding... :001_smile

AoS is an area of the universe that is fundamentally a part of everything else that is wrong with the universe, and I'll not have you sully the good name of Chuck Norris with the pompousness of AoS, nor the funk of sandalwood.

:tongue_sm

If the scent of sandalwood is not to your liking, then use one of the others, or even the unscented. I have never been in an AoS store, so I can't speak about their pompousness, I'm simply basing my input on their lathering products and their great performance.

As far as Chuck Norris goes, the last I heard he doesn't need anyone to defend his good name, it defends itself. However, if Chuck Norris had his own line of shave soap, it would occupy the same corner of the universe that contains AoS.

Yes the prices are high, and yes the store is full of silly things (powered brush for one thing), and yes you will want to pitch the employees off the balcony with all there stupidity but honestly the soaps and creams are out of this world. If you consider how long they last its not that much more expensive.

Top Bottom