What's new

Anyone try Valobra menthol soap?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I know it's nothing like the tallow based stick, but I hear it packs quite a menthol kick in the pants.

Anyone familiar?

I agree, not nearly as impressive of a soap as the Valobra stick. Methol kick is not all that either, but mine is a few years old.

Tried it, Proraso has more menthol. The soap itself was disappointing also. Save your money.

Was interested in trying this also. Cheers for the money saver tip! If I'm not missing out on anything good, then theres no point wasting money on it.

the sample i had had a reasonable menthol kick, but the scent was lacking any sort of depth. it smelled like unscented soap/cream with menthol added

The menthol version has a rather mild level of menthol to it that you seem to feel more after the second/third pass. I've had great shaves using it - I feel that It's a very good soap that's not too expensive.

I really like it, in fact together with Trumpers Eucris it's the only non-tallow soap that is part of the rotation here.

However, as far as menthol goes, it's nothing more then a light tingling at best.

I have both the menthol and the almond and slightly prefer the menthol. Both produce lather that is slick, protective and moisturising. I totally agree that the Valobra Sapone per Barba, tallow, has the edge in performance, but this in no way detracts from the soft soaps. I love them all and the menthol can be used all year round.

David

Lather wise is was great, good cushion, plenty of slickness. Menthol was a bit on the light side, you could easily use it year round if you wanted to.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I know it's nothing like the tallow based stick, but I hear it packs quite a menthol kick in the pants.

Anyone familiar?

No real "menthol kick" with Valobra, Crema di Sapone Purissima Menthol. But this product is truly Old School stuff at its best. Guglielmo Valobra, the grandson of the great Virgilio and current owner of the Valobra factory, confirmed me personally that this soft saop is still produced in the ancient way, following a century old manufacturing process. No chemicals, no preservatives and no parabens are used. Only natural and pure ingredients. The final result is a stunning soap that I've been using for fifteen years.

No real "menthol kick" with Valobra, Crema di Sapone Purissima Menthol. But this product is truly Old School stuff at its best. Guglielmo Valobra, the grandson of the great Virgilio and current owner of the Valobra factory, confirmed me personally that this soft saop is still produced in the ancient way, following a century old manufacturing process. No chemicals, no preservatives and no parabens are used. Only natural and pure ingredients. The final result is a stunning soap that I've been using for fifteen years.
You have great insight, thanks!

Mine had almost no menthol kick whatsoever. I also thought it smelled strange.

I sold it, and never looked back.

for soft soaps, I prefer the scent and performance of P.160.

Mine had almost no menthol kick whatsoever. I also thought it smelled strange.

I sold it, and never looked back.

for soft soaps, I prefer the scent and performance of P.160.

Of the two, I certainly prefer the performance of P.160 over Valobra, however I have just received my second block of Menthol, and in no way does it lack that Menthol kick.

David

Top Bottom