What's new

Omega 48 question...

Just got a brand new Omega 48 as my travel brush to be and used for the very first time yesterday. Great lather!!! However, as I cleaned it and let stood it up to dry out, I've noticed that while some water did evaporate some of it accumilated inside the plastic handle. My concern that this will prevent the brush from drying out completely and that the water will get stale after a few days. Would it be acceptable to drill a small hole in the plastic handle of the brush in order to let the water to drip out and improve air circulation? Tnanks

It shouldn't be necessary. Boar bristle absorbs water, so any that collects near the base of the knot should be sucked up eventually.

Have you given the brush a good break-in clean with shampoo or dish washing liquid. That should help, and you may have to thoroughly clean accumulated soap out whenever there is a build up. Otherwise that absorbtion might not happen.

You actually have water getting inside the handle? I don't get any water inside the handle of mine.

I would consider trying to do a warranty swap for it. If that's too much trouble and you don't care too much about the brush, then two or three small holes on the base of the handle where it has the Omega stamp would surely do the trick.

You could also dry it on a stand with the bristles facing down. That being said, water in the handle is NOT normal in my experience. I have a Pro 49 and 3 other Omegas and this has never happened to mine. Sounds like a defective glue plug, which could cause the knot to degrade/fall out over time. I would contact the vendor and try to exchange it.

Well, just drilled 3x3.5mm hole in the bottom and sure enough a bunch of water dripped out. Issue solved but still a bit surprised that this took place at all. I wonder if this happened because I fully submerged the brush in the hot water? Strange, strange.

How odd. I didn't realise the handles were hollow on some brushes.

As you've now drilled holes maybe you could glue a magnet in one. It's an idea I had, inspired by the magnet in the handle of the Eclipse razor.

Well, just drilled 3x3.5mm hole in the bottom and sure enough a bunch of water dripped out. Issue solved but still a bit surprised that this took place at all. I wonder if this happened because I fully submerged the brush in the hot water? Strange, strange.

That shouldn't have happened at all, even if you hold it underwater.

Gee, sure hope your "modification" didn't nix your ability to get an exchange or refund...

Top Bottom