What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Tiffany & Co. - Tiffany for Men

proxy.php

I intend to wear Floris "Elite," as I have, not really intentionally, have worn every day of 2011. I, like Austin, also intend to shave with Floris "Elite" shaving soap!

Maybe I can get to the bottom of why my impressions of this scent are not consistent with most on-line notes!:001_smile

First day back at work this year. Today it's Quorum. I am still getting used to Quorum. I made sure to get some on my left wrist. On my right wrist is patchouli EO. I can check for some contrast at times today.

Some time back, someone gave me a bottle of Dunhill Pursuit as a gift. My impressions of this have unfortunately always been that it's a nondescript, indistinct, and essentially boring fragrance. Today was scheduled to be a boring day, so I spritzed on some of the Dunhill... a few hours in, I sniffed my wrist, and it struck me that in the dry-down, this stuff smells a LOT like Encre Noire. So I sprayed some of that on the other wrist to compare, and sure enough, Dunhill Pursuit smells very much like Encre Noire (at about one tenth of the intensity of EN, and minus EN's dark and frozen soul :lol:).

Maybe I can get to the bottom of why my impressions of this scent are not consistent with most on-line notes!:001_smile

I had not heard anyone else express that reaction to Floris scents. I have the same reactions to Elite, namely different impressions than given by most reviewers.
With my Scent of the Day, Floris Cefiro, it is the same, only moreso: I can't make out individual notes except in fleeting glimpses. It is the overall impression, the whole that is something other and more than the sum of its parts, that is intoxicating to me. I think that it would be received better if they wouldn't characterize it at all, so that reviewers wouldn't keep saying "It isn't what I was expecting, it isn't _____" I chose it for the next few days after spending so much time with heavier and darker ouds, smokes, and leathers recently.

Some time back, someone gave me a bottle of Dunhill Pursuit as a gift. My impressions of this have unfortunately always been that it's a nondescript, indistinct, and essentially boring fragrance. Today was scheduled to be a boring day, so I spritzed on some of the Dunhill... a few hours in, I sniffed my wrist, and it struck me that in the dry-down, this stuff smells a LOT like Encre Noire. So I sprayed some of that on the other wrist to compare, and sure enough, Dunhill Pursuit smells very much like Encre Noire (at about one tenth of the intensity of EN, and minus EN's dark and frozen soul :lol:).

I really like your very interesting description and comparison. I've never tried Pursuit because of the reviews, but see it all the time in Marshall's. And now I'm curious, but am torn because on the one hand, I'm not sure I would like a fragrance that has no soul, and on the other hand I'm not sure I want my fragrances to have a soul, and then again, the I've tried Hugo Boss Soul, and thought it was kind of boring. Nice post! :thumbup1:

Over the holidays I picked up a few mini-bottles to try a few that I'm not familiar with, including Guess Man. The opening this morning reminds me very much of Aqua di Gio. I'm not sure yet if this is good or bad. :huh:

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom