Thread: coticule slurry on pasted strop...

Default coticule slurry on pasted strop...

Hey guys,

Just checking to see if others have tried it. I think it's worth the try if you have a coticule. Vastly improves the HHT results while keeping the coticule goodness. My only concern is that it will probably lead to a less resistant edge and require more honing in the long run.

JF

I tried it. I found much as you did, it definitely improves the edge for substandard honing jobs, and I thought it would be great for edge maintenance.

Once i was able to get the most from my coti, I found that I couldn't tell that it offered any improvement. It helped me to get over the hump though. And I liked the effect much more than CrOx.
    -Chris

"Nothing is as it seems... Neither is it any different" -Neal Stephanson

Quote Originally Posted by wdwrx View Post
    I tried it. I found much as you did, it definitely improves the edge for substandard honing jobs, and I thought it would be great for edge maintenance.

Once i was able to get the most from my coti, I found that I couldn't tell that it offered any improvement. It helped me to get over the hump though. And I liked the effect much more than CrOx.
    My experience too.
    For the sake of experimenting you can also try to lap your coticule dry on sandpaper. That way why can save the "dust" & use that as a form of abrasive powder. Worked quite well on balsa.

But like stated before, once you get good edges from the coticule, all those efforts really don't do any difference.
    Can-can scratch patterns!