What's new

Delayed lather

Does anyone else experience this? You start working your lather, get what you think is ok. Give it a pass, stir the lather up again, seems still good, give it another pass. Then, on the third mix of the brush, the best, smoothest lather shows up. I use a shave soap and this is a consistent result.

Does your lather get better with time (time meaning a few minutes)?

This happened to me today with Cade soap. I only started lathering it in a bowl recently and the difference is remarkable.

I don't know why this is though, probably something to do with 'science'... :tongue_sm

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
No, didn't get that, I'm guessing you probably work the lather a bit more while spreading on your face. If you rinse with warm water between passes, it probably add a tiny bit of water and make it slicker...

It takes a wee bit of time for the soap and water to fully emulsify. I mostly face lather and have found that two minutes is about the right mark for the lather to really develop. Bowl lathering seems to work in about the same time frame for me as well. I've also found when bowl lathering that it can help to 'finish' the lather on my face by working it some more with the brush.

With me it's the exact opposite. My final lather is not as thick and rich as the first so I squeeze the brush to get the thick cream for my final pass.

With me it's the exact opposite. My final lather is not as thick and rich as the first so I squeeze the brush to get the thick cream for my final pass.

+1...my breech lather is SUPER slick and creamy but my original lather is the best at softening the hair.

Top Bottom