What's new

Post Your Pictures - Theirs Issard

We've done threads featuring Japanese razors, razors by Greaves and most recently, Swedish razors. Now we'll tackle one of the few remaining manufacturers. Founded in 1884 by Pierre Theirs, Thiers Issard razors have been described elsewhere on B&B as jewelry for gentlemen. Indeed, their ad copy avers that "Thiers-Issard begins with the finest available materials" and makes razors "in the traditional time-tested manner."* As you'll see in a moment, I think Thiers Issard does indeed make a "a thing of rare beauty and functional utility."

I've gotting the thread going with some pictures of a few of my TIs. Let's see yours.

*As side note - lead hardening was a relatively common way to harden metals. Until it was discovered to be bad for workers and banned. Thiers Issard has a special dispensation from the French government to continue to use the process.

Additionally, all quoted items are from Classic Shaving's The Thiers-Issard Story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carbonsong 6/8, Desert Ironwood

proxy.php

6/8 Historique "Manche en Os," Bone

proxy.php

Last edited:
This is my TI purchased from AOS - Not sure if it's worthy because the ones posted above are just amazing. But I like her and she's a good shaver.

Some beautiful razors and photos here (^). I can't compete with that, but here is a humble, journeyman shaver. TI 6/8 Carbonsong (C135) in blonde horn. Probably my No. 2 or 3:

This might look familiar.
proxy.php

Kind of a funny 'pencil-neck-geek-grip' that I now use very infrequently.
proxy.php

Last edited:
3/4 Grind my first TI
1/4 Grind B&B
Carbonsong (C135) TI 6/8
All good shavers....

Last edited:
3/4 Grind my first TI
1/4 Grind B&B
Carbonsong (C135) TI 6/8
All good shavers....
Domino - Can you give a brief review or comparison of these guys? TI-ground Le Grelot blank vs. TI carbon vs TI (C135)? Differences in honing and/or shaving/face feel characteristics or something like that would be very interesting. Thanks.

Very nice razors! I really like that Spartacus.

I have a TI finished LeGrelot, but we've seen plenty of those.

This is a Vintage 5/8 TI in flawless condition.

proxy.php

Top Bottom