What's new

I'm looking for a mild DE razor

I initially started off with a Merkur 33C. I was later gifted 3 vintage Gillettes. I was surprised at how mild they were, I liked it. I appreciated the less aggressive shave. I want to buy a DE razor that can offer a smooth, mild shave. I've heard that the Feather, Edwin Jagger, and Goodfella are mild, less aggressive. Any suggestions?

Welcome to B&B!

The Gillette Tech is a great mild razor. If you are looking for a twist to open razor a Schick Krona is a good choice.
The Feather AS is another option, it is just a bit more aggressive than the Tech but it is still a pretty mild razor.
The Goodfella is another nice mild razor. I use the Edwin Jagger DE89L daily and if it were the only razor I owned I would be
perfectly happy. I always get very smooth consistent shaves whenever I use it, and finish quality of the EJ is second to none.

Double-Edged Safety Razors Ranked by Aggressiveness in the wiki.

Last edited:
I initially started off with a Merkur 33C. I was later gifted 3 vintage Gillettes. I was surprised at how mild they were, I liked it. I appreciated the less aggressive shave. I want to buy a DE razor that can offer a smooth, mild shave. I've heard that the Feather, Edwin Jagger, and Goodfella are mild, less aggressive. Any suggestions?

Welcome to B&B.

Do you know what 3 Gillettes models you liked or have a pictures of them.
That might help us help you.

I alternate between a Feather AS and a Futur, one said to be mild and the other pretty aggressive. Either one is capable of delivering BBS or considerable irritation. I guess where I am going with this non-answer to your question is, the Feather AS, while considered by many as not aggressive can be, in my experience, a very close shaver.

I haven't used the Feather portable. The Weishi razors are very mild. You would have to try hard to get irritation or a BSS shave with one.

Just bought a Timor TTO from amazom, $32 and change delivered. Came with 10 pack of Tomor blades. Nice light weight non-aggressive razor, great no slip handle. No need for a cut pencil.

If you're looking for a non-aggressive razor, I don't think you could do any better than a Gillette tech, which are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

If you're looking for a non-aggressive razor, I don't think you could do any better than a Gillette tech, which are plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

+1. The Fat Handled Tech is a great mild razor.

I also own an open-comb Goodfella and it too is very mild.

DL

So far, it appears that the EJ 89, Gillette tech, and Goodfella are the most recommended. Looks like I need to check the mall and see if anyone is parting with said razors...

Top Bottom