What's new

Hello from Brooklyn

Hi all,

I have made a couple posts so far in the last couple days, but I thought that I would take the opportunity to introduce myself properly.

I just started using a DE, I was using a Mach3 before, and Aveeno shave cream in a can. I have always wanted to go back to the traditional way, but was never really taught how to use a DE, single blade or straight razor growing up.

I decided to go with a Parker 91R, Feather Stainless blades and the Lavender line-up from eShave. I love the cream so far, the oil is a great starter, and the brush I got is a fine badger edition.

I have shaved about 5 times with the setup so far, and I must say, while it is more time consuming, I feel like it has already become a hobby! I look forward to researching, and learning more, thanks for any help in advance!

Happy New Year to all!

Welcome.

You have already gotten started, so keep us posted on your experiences.

I most certainly will. I plan to write a full review of the eShave products, I don't see that anyone else has yet.

I am trying out a Shark blade tonight to see how it performs in the 91R. I also am waiting on a 57 Gillette Super Speed Blue Tip as well. Looking forward to mixing it up a bit.

So far, I can't see why every man doesn't have a delightful time shaving. I love it.

Wow, tried the shark blades this morning and they destroyed my face!!!!!!!

Is the Parker 91R fairly aggressive on it's on? Or it is just that I am a newbie ***** with sensitive skin?

I was using the Feathers and they didn't get me nearly the burn these have!

Welcome.. what I did as a newbie was to get the prep and lathering worked out and continue to use a M3. Then introduced a Muhle r106 after trying countless blades I've settle on the Personna Medical Preps.

Is the snow as bad in Brooklyn as they lead us to believe on the weather channel?

Yeah it was awful actually. Probably two feet I suppose, which for here, just causes an absolutely shutdown of the city. There is no where to park at all because of the snowbanks.

Luckily I was home in Canada for Christmas and avoided the worst of it.

Thanks for the welcoming hellos, and advice. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom