What's new

My first shave with gear and the mediocre stand I made

I have to say that I totally get everyone's enjoyment of the hobby. I got a close shave with no nicks or anything and I enjoyed the experience. The way the omega brush felt on my face was a soothing feeling as I spread the soap around.
I was a little timid as I started to shave fearing I would slice myself but I just remembered to not apply pressure and chilled out. The only thing I think could have been better was the aftershave I used, which was just some skintimate stuff. The smell was not doing it for me.
I'm 25 and glad I found this stuff now instead of later. Good way to start the new year.

There is VDH deluxe soap in the tin and Merkur blades in the altoids tin.
proxy.php

Razor, if you do a little sanding to the glue points and to the entire stands, and paint or varnish it, if the glue will allow, then it will not be mediocre (which was your rating). You have some good touches, finish it up. Make it look slick and you might just have something that stands out (pun intended) big time.

Razor, if you do a little sanding to the glue points and to the entire stands, and paint or varnish it, if the glue will allow, then it will not be mediocre (which was your rating). You have some good touches, finish it up. Make it look slick and you might just have something that stands out (pun intended) big time.

Thank you, that was my plan. I want to paint it but wasn't sure if I wanted to do colors or just varnish and some poly. I just got impatient and wanted to have it up for my first shave. Thank you for the encouragement.

+1
:thumbup1:

Top Bottom