Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Picked this one up on New Year's Day.

Will & Finck San Francisco California
One of the Cutlers of the Gold Rush
proxy.php

Love the Horn scales on this one!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
:lol: I thought it was going to be another John Barber :lol:

Nice pickup!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Got a couple of parcels today...

first up a Bengall that I think is rubbish
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's why I think it's dead... Somehow the edge is straight but going on one side... :blink: I will try honing it anyways...
attachment.php

A very pitted C.V. Heljestrand - I don't think I will restore this one - very small blade and I don't think it has much life left... It was razor 1/2 of a lot of 2. Razor 2/2 in next post!
attachment.php

Razor 2/2 - Fontenille 134 - French Blade, I didn't measure it but it must be 6/8. It needs a nice clean-up
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now, the nice one :)biggrin:) - La Colombe - 6/8 - French Straight. A tiny bit of pitting on the tip of the spine. Should clean nicely!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Somehow my razor purchasing sabatical lasted about 3.5 days into the new year. Picked these up from somewhere :001_rolle

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now I need to get off my butt and get to restoring :biggrin1: Can't wait to get the W&B's cleaned up. Have a good idea what they will look like when done (hint, hint, check BST) :001_rolle

first up a Bengall that I think is rubbish
That's why I think it's dead... Somehow the edge is straight but going on one side... :blink: I will try honing it anyways...
Heh, I will volunteer to empty your trash. :001_tongu
Maybe you can think of this one as a Japanese straight. I think it will end up shaving nicely.

Top Bottom