What's new

Montale Question

Trying Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie today from a sample vial.
It opened with strong oud/rose which softened over the first two hours, remaining, but less up-front, in the middle of a clean new leather with some light spices in the background. Wonderful.
But it has already faded a lot (after 3 1/2 hours).

My question is whether this is known to have limited longevity, or whether it will behave differently from an atomizer or if applied more liberally.
What is your experience with this Montale?

Thanks,

JR

Montale Aoud Cuir d'Arabie should last at least 6-7 hours on the skin and much longer if sprayed on clothes. The Montale's you should definitely have in your collection are Black Aoud and Blue Amber.....both smell incredible and there's no end to their longevity. Order dirct from Montale in Paris and you'll pay 95 euro with free shipping and you also get a free 20ml aluminum travel spray of the scent of your choice. I buy all of my Montale's direct. I live in Pennsylvania so Paris is 6 hours ahead time wise. I call at around 6 or 7 a.m. and it's 11 or 12 a.m. in Paris. You'll get a French bonjour but once you start talking the answers will be in English. Tell them what you want, they'll ask what free travel scent you want, give them your credit card number (safe) and that's it. You'll have it within 7 to 10 days. They don't take PayPal. Also they'll put in extra concentrate into any Montale fragrance you want. Just ask. Here's the number from the east coast to Montale's Paris shop:

011 33 1 42 96 97 44

Have fun...

Ray

Thank you both.

FWIW, I seemed to have lost the scent for several hours. But when I left work, it came back and was apparent well into the evening, though with only the tail-end soft, sweet notes. So now I am thinking that my work environment itself may dull my sense of smell, or at least that it is something to investigate in coming days.

Just got some Montale samples myself. I had similar experience at one point, seemed to lose the fragrance. I think it was just because my nose was getting used to the scent. After a while I would move or do something different and I would catch the scent all over again. They're beautiful scents, and I concur with your brief desciption of the Cuir d'Arabie.

I would say that I have gotten excellent tenacity for every Montale frag I have tried. Of course, two of them were "concentrated." But all are edps as I recall and have pretty sturdy long-lasting type scents in their bases, and more over do not evolve all that much!

Pretty darn tenacious in my experience!

Top Bottom