What's new

Pinaud Clubman scent but with zing?

I love the smell of Pinaud Clubman, though I'd sit with a blank page for a while if someone were to quiz me on what it smells like.

I also love the glycerin in Aqua Velva and the tingle feeling from that and other products containing menthol or peppermint.

So, my question is this. Does anyone know of anything which smells like Clubman, moisturizes like Aqua Velva and leaves you with that tingle which I enjoy? I don't want the smell of anything but the Clubman, but I could handle it if it was subtle.

If not, Mama Bear, could you whip something up, or point me in the right direction? thx - John

Well, I would suggest adding a little aloe and some glycerin to the Clubman. That still leaves you without the menthol tingle though. Thing about menthol - it has a pretty distinct and noticeable scent, no? Which I dunno if that would go with Clubman very well....

-Mo

I just mixed 50/50 Clubman with Thayers original witch hazel with aloe...it just may be what your looking for!

I also think Clubman smells like Brut.

I'd add glycerin to the Clubman, start at 5% so it doesn't make your face sticky, a little goes a long way. You could also add menthol to it, the crystals will probably dissolve in alcohol (find out the alcohol content of Pinaud, then look it up in a pharmacopoeia, or just try it and see!), once again, start with a tiny ammount. However, the menthol may alter the smell of the aftershave.

I use both Clubman and Stirling Barbershop and they on different sides of the barbershop experience imo... Clubman is the fresh talc scent and Stirling Barbershop is the clippers / leather scent of the shop. They are truly different from each other.

@Namdnas
If you want the Clubman scent and glycerin feel of AV you might want to stay with the Clubman AS and use Nivea Original PSB afterward. The Nivea is very much a close almost talcish but very much all around barbershop scent that will wear off in a short period and leave the Clubman scent to linger for several hours after the shave and you have moisturized your face with the Nivea so it should be close to what you want. Might be worth a shot as the Nivea can be had for around $5 almost anywhere...

I just used clubman 5 minutes ago. I love the powdery feel after it dries out and couldn't imagine improving it but if you wanna up it a little I took 50/50 clubman original and masters bay rum and it turned out pretty nice. I call it club rum

Top Bottom