What's new

A new find!

Rejoice, all within striking distance of Halifax, NS!
A tobacco shop on Barrington St. called Sievert's Tobacco has just recently started selling shaving supplies! Due to lack of time to explore further, I was only able to snatch the last puck of Col. Conk, however I glimpsed a small cache of Merkur DEs, Straight razors, and many other shaving goodies that will have me back as soon as time allows.
There is a guide on Canadian shave suppliers on the shavewiki that I believe should be updated, however I do not know how to go about doing this.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I am in shave heaven!!!!!!

Thanks! I'll be going back on Monday for a more careful look at what they have but so far it's the only place I've seen with solid DE shaving stock in the province

Thanks very much for posting this find. As soon as I can make it down there I want to check it out.

What are the prices like? Especially on the Merkurs?

That's really neat. I feel like cigars and pipes go hand in hand with wet-shaving. I know that Heros and Legacies Cigars at the Arboretum in Austin, TX carries Merkur products and The Humidor at the Menger Hotel in San Antonio carries some supplies as well but I don't recall the brands.

DL

Good for you!! I guess a road trip is in order. Lobster, scallops, shrimp and shaving supplies. I'm salivating as I write!!:lol::lol:

That is exciting, but I'm going to check it out with caution. Sievert's has been around forever, so it is nice to hear them getting into shaving supplies a bit more. The catch is that this is a cigar store and it is on Barrington Street, I have a feeling that their prices may be really restricting. Maybe it will end up being a good place to get some brushes and creams.

TBH the prices are a bit high, but sometimes worth it to avoid shipping costs.

I figured that might be the case but it did give me a new idea. I'm going to check out any tobacco shop I see around and maybe they'll have something too. It's worth a shot.

I'll be getting my razor online anyway and my big packs of blades but it's also nice to have something local to just try a 10 pack of blade you've never had before or a soap that's different.

There's a tobacco shop at the superstore on Joe Howe that I plan to check on if I'm ever around there these days.

There's a tobacco shop at the superstore on Joe Howe that I plan to check on if I'm ever around there these days.

That would be amazing, :w00t: but I doubt it. There are actually some blades in that Superstore next to the plastic razors - Wilkinson I think. The catch is that they work out to be over a buck a blade, so it is still cheaper to order online.

Keep us posted though, you may make a rare find?

ok so just for the purpose of an update.

Both tobacco shops at the superstore (Joe Howe and Young) don't have anything.

The fun part was the crazy looks I got when I asked if that had anything. lol

I even get crazy looks when I ask about DE blades in a blade section of whatever store I happen to be in.

It's interesting and sad how indoctrinated everyone is that cartridge blades are "what normal people use" and anyone who wants a DE blade must be "crazy"

That's great, thanks for the update, I was wondering about this.

The Shoppers down the road or just up on Lacewood can give you some luck if you are good at navigating your way through a store. Some cheap boars, a fairly good line-up of Proraso products, (expensive) Wilkinson DE blades, some hidden glycerin soap, etc, etc.

That's great, thanks for the update, I was wondering about this.

The Shoppers down the road or just up on Lacewood can give you some luck if you are good at navigating your way through a store. Some cheap boars, a fairly good line-up of Proraso products, (expensive) Wilkinson DE blades, some hidden glycerin soap, etc, etc.

Yeah I saw some proraso at shoppers and was thrilled to see it there but at the time I was put off by the smell and I haven't been back since but I'm planning to give it a try anyway for the summer regardless of smell. I'm hoping we don't have a heatwave like we did last year but if we do the cooling proraso I've read about should be nice.

Next time I go there I'll make sure I have time to have a good look at everything.

Top Bottom