What's new

New Member Introduction

This is a great site! I started shaving in 1960 with a 195 Adjustable and a brush. I lost the Fatboy years ago and now have two 195 Slims, a Murker Vision and Gimbles 1000 Pure Badger brush.

Using your sight for refrence, I've added a Muhle R89 and a Rooney 3/1 Super Silvertip.

I've had an old J. R. Torrey straight razor for years and I'm thinking of sending it out for restoration...this could be the start of somthing.

Arclight

Welcome to the site. Just a warning - it can instigate new collections and acquisition disorders, not to say that is a bad thing! There are many great people here that have a wealth of knowledge on many subjects. It is a great resource.

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

Do you have any pictures of the Torrey?

Luc,

It's a 5/8 and it says The Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor on the blade. I'll take and post a picture for you.

Rob

Last edited:
Sorry, no luck posting a picture of the Torrey as I've been unable to find the link needed to create a photo album.

If you have the picture, note where the paper clip is on the displayed screen.
Add some text to the box then click on the paper clip and an attachment box will appear and allow you to browse and upload the picture. Close the upload box, then submit your reply and it should be in the text. Like this one is.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
To have that dialog box, you will need to first do 'quick reply' and then click on 'go advanced' if you are replying in this thread.

then, follow the instructions below.

If you have the picture, note where the paper clip is on the displayed screen.
Add some text to the box then click on the paper clip and an attachment box will appear and allow you to browse and upload the picture. Close the upload box, then submit your reply and it should be in the text. Like this one is.

another shot

Attachments

• $jrtorrey.jpg
    $jrtorrey.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom