What's new

Memories

Just a few pics to show what my shave den looked like 4 years ago......

The first pic shows what It looked like after I found this site. My VISION 2000 was my pride and joy; interestingly enough, looking @ the brushes, I still own the Omega Professional, the Simpsons Beaufort B6, B&B LE 2006, and the Savile Row Tortoise. The C&E and the Savile Row silvertip were pif'ed to local wetshavers I'm converting. The VISION 2000 was sold and the Super Adjustable went to my friend of 30 years who recently passed away.

The unlabeled wooden container is Floris JF SS-tallow version!

One thing I've noticed is that I need to take more pictures- and re organize my den! (yes, that is a Schick Extreme 3- I use it for my head-shaving; works much better than a headblade or a DE actually.)

marty

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice!! :thumbup1: Better organized than me!

For those who asked:

As you can see, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!( not that I tried...)

The 4 unmarked soaps are from Queen Charlotte( Key Lime, Cedar-Lemongrass, Basilica, and Celestial Woods);
My favorite razor( Gillette Lady Blue)
Yes, that is a Gem SE in there....
My main brushes have changed somewhat.
Lots o blades.....
Pigs and Thayers running amok...
Tea tree for the occasional ingrown(very rare-SWMBO uses it more than I), GFT skin food(what den would be complete w/o?), Proraso, Nivea, SCS Lavender and Savory Rose Milks, and AV Ice Balm ASB's.

Whoops, almost forgot.... Tabac(of course!), Mama Bear's Spicey Lime, Clear Skies, Dublin Tweed(skies and tweed in wooden bowls) and new formulation English Fern which lathers like nobody's business w/ the pigs.

Still have not shown all the A/S, colognes, and razors-could only upload 5; will complete the picture later.

marty

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
They are both great! Thanks for the pics.:thumbup:

Man your signature is a blast from the past: Thundar The Barbarian. Loved it.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
For those who asked:

As you can see, RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!( not that I tried...)

The 4 unmarked soaps are from Queen Charlotte( Key Lime, Cedar-Lemongrass, Basilica, and Celestial Woods);
My favorite razor( Gillette Lady Blue)
Yes, that is a Gem SE in there....
My main brushes have changed somewhat.
Lots o blades.....
Pigs and Thayers running amok...
Tea tree for the occasional ingrown(very rare-SWMBO uses it more than I), GFT skin food(what den would be complete w/o?), Proraso, Nivea, SCS Lavender and Savory Rose Milks, and AV Ice Balm ASB's.

Whoops, almost forgot.... Tabac(of course!), Mama Bear's Spicey Lime, Clear Skies, Dublin Tweed(skies and tweed in wooden bowls) and new formulation English Fern which lathers like nobody's business w/ the pigs.

Still have not shown all the A/S, colognes, and razors-could only upload 5; will complete the picture later.

marty

This looks worse than 4 years ago? I don't think so! Well done! :thumbup1:

Nice pictures. I really like those SCS containers.

They are my all time favorites!

Here are the razors(that aren't getting used currently) and some more soaps and creams:

redtip, fatboy(yob), 2 more Gems, Merkur 38C, another Blue Lady(just in case!), Slanthammer, Aristocrat w/ plating loss on the doors, but otherwise shaves great, a Tech, and the first one I bought-the Merkur HD.

Soaps are Susie Bubbles Cucumber melon, Col. Conk Almond, Ogalalla Lemongrass, Ralph Lauren Safari, C&E Nomad, and Charismata CPT.

whew!

Last edited:
Top Bottom