What's new

I have seen the top of the mountain

looks like that razor was sitting sitting there too...lol. lil scrub bubbles will get her dun or replate.

nah it *was* a silver plated razor, the scrubbing bubbles did a good job, but i found it a few decades too late.

notice anything weird about the combs?

I got an old Gillette the other day which arrived with two combs. I thought it was just a composite that someone had put together from spare bits. To test out this theory I put a second DE blade in. The curvature of the second comb acting against the first comb draws the blade edge in behind roots the comb teeth ie you can't see the edge!
I can't understand why there should be a surplus of combs going around though. It is not as though you would wear out the top or the handle and not the comb or you would loose the top and handle but not the comb.
There are some things in this world that we are just beyond man's understanding!

<snippage>
I can't understand why there should be a surplus of combs going around though. It is not as though you would wear out the top or the handle and not the comb or you would loose the top and handle but not the comb.
There are some things in this world that we are just beyond man's understanding!

Actually there may be an explanation. Both the Gillette Old and New types seem to be prone to the handle cracking. Although many functional examples exist, it may be that there have been a bunch of handles that have been tossed, orphaning the combs. Plus most older Gillette heads will work with other Gillette handles. Just a thought... It was lonesome... :blink:

Top Bottom