What's new

Mixing shaving creams?

Has anyone ever done this or is this a big NO in "The Commandments of Shaving"? If so, which ones go together well?

My collection of creams is now growing and for some reason this idea came across my mind, but I haven't attempted it yet.

Who knows, maybe there is some Lavendar-Sandalwood magic cream just waiting to be mixed!:laugh:

Can't say I've heard of people doing this. I think mixing soaps and creams is fairly popular. I don't do either because I like the individuality of each product. I've got so many, it's fresh everytime I get to use one, so its impossible to get bored with a particular cream or soap.

I do soaps and creams together (Proraso soap/Musgo cream, Pre de Provence/Salter French Vetiver, DR Harris Lavendar/T&H unscented, etc.) all the time, but I have never mixed creams. Oughta work, no law I know of prohibits it. Hmmm. Maybe a Musgo/Salter combo?

Reactions: JPO
I had a tube of Musgo Real with just a little quantity of cream, not enough for my three-pass shave. Well, I just mixed it with a little dab of Veleiro shaving cream.

The lather I got was amazing, very thick and luxurious, and amazingly scented. An experience to repeat. :thumbup1:

Yee-haw! :w00t:

Mix and match to your heart's content!

I often use KMF unscented as a base to mix with other soaps and creams - even adding my own EO's to get the scent I want. KMF Vanilla with KMF Lavender gives nice results, also, Proraso cream with KMF lime is a good one!

There are 2 reasons I could see to mix-and-match products : combining scents, or boosting performance.

Performance-wise, people mix soap and cream so that each one's strengths boosts the other one's weaknesses. Not sure mixing 2 creams would make either one better? I could be wrong....

Scent-wise, mentholated limes sounds pretty wretched to me :blink: but who knows, stranger things have worked!

Okay, I have mixed two creams together on several occasions. One in particular recently was a mix of QCS celestial woods that smelled a bit over the top with a single pine note for whatever reason, so I mixed it with some T&H Trafalgar; it was a nice combination that performed exceedingly well.

Warning! Certain creams mixed together react similarly to that of matter and anti-matter. We just don't know yet which combinations are the explosive ones. I understand one of our members from New Zealand blew himself up along with his town when he tried to mix some Acca Kappa with Speick.

Real cream mixing aftermath photo:

View attachment 138293

Last edited:
I read a recommendation here on B&B to mix Speick & Proraso cream. I tried it and I must say that I liked the result quite a lot, I have even repeated it twice which must mean something. Don't know if it helps performance but the smell and the feel of it is very good!

Who knows, maybe there is some Lavendar-Sandalwood magic cream just waiting to be mixed!
My two favorite scents, but I don't know about mixing them. Bullgoose sells a Notting Hill cream which is a blend of Lavender and Cedarwood oils that sounds interesting. I don't mix my creams as I have too many to choose from. If the scent is lame or they can't do the job on their own, I get rid of them.

I believe that mixing creams results in total protonic reversal. :w00t::w00t:

Just kidding. Go for it! Creams were meant to be mixed. ESPECIALLY in a scuttle! :001_rolle:001_rolle

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I don't see mixing creams any worse than mixing soap and cream. I mean, it's all right, nothing wrong with that, it will make superlather!

I will add either Cremo or KMF to Nivea Shave cream, T0BS Avocado, and Trumper's Rose. The Cremo and KMF add more slickness and glide than I would ordinarily get, and it works great.

I will add either Cremo or KMF to Nivea Shave cream, T0BS Avocado, and Trumper's Rose. The Cremo and KMF add more slickness and glide than I would ordinarily get, and it works great.

Great idea- mixing a brushless with a brush lathering cream in varying proportions should make for some very interesting experiments.

I often mix enscented KMF and CO Bigelow (or Proraso). The Bigelow provides the explosive lather and cool menthol sensation and the KMF provides a sheet of slickness that permits multiple passes. The mix plays to both the creams strengths.

Top Bottom