What's new

Pork rib roast.

Rubbed down with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper. I will roast it as high as my oven will go, the dial says 500 f for about 15 minutes and then drop the temperature to 325 f for the remainder of the cooking time.

full

More pictures to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you brown it in a skillet before beginning the roasting? Do you put a rack underneath it in the oven? About how long do you roast it? I AM going to try this!!!!!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Shawn:
Now you should'nt have gone done it...because now I realized how 'famished' I am......Ooooh..... :drool:...Roast Pork Loin :thumbup:

But seriously folks...what-cha going to serve with the Roast?

Christopher :chef:

PS Next time if you 2 loins (and more guests), you can 'order' and have your butcher prep a Crown Roast because one of the most magnificent of all holiday entrees to impress your guests is a attractive Roasted Crown Loin of Pork ..it's a real show stopper!!! :biggrin1:

A Crown Roast is usually done with pork (although you could use lamb or veal). It makes for a handsome display for any dinner party. It's called a Crown because it is two rib racks (usually 12 ribs from one pork loin) that are bent into a circle and then tied together with kitchen twine by your butcher. The meatiest portion of the ribs forms the bottom of the Crown and face inward. A Crown Roast comes from the rib portion of the loin - perhaps the tastiest of all cuts. The rib chops are "frenched," then they are slightly cut and cracked at the bone so that they can be bent into a crown shape.

Before roasting, the center is filled with an interesting (say..with Onion, Apple and Bread Crumb), Stuffing.. Before serving, frills are often added to the top of the bones to dress up the crown and to make for easier eating.

Last edited:
Looks great Shawn!!!

DL

Thanks Dustin. It's nice to see you here!

Do you brown it in a skillet before beginning the roasting? Do you put a rack underneath it in the oven? About how long do you roast it? I AM going to try this!!!!!

I put it in the oven just like you see in the picture but I cover the pan with tin foil. I roast it as hot as my oven will go for about 15 minutes and then I'll turn the oven down to around 325 F until the roast done to my liking. I'll pull the roast out of the oven when the internal temp is about 150 F and let the carry over heat finish cooking it.

I don't have it on a rack but I start it off fat side down, when I lower the oven temp I'll flip to roast so that the fat side is up and it will help to baste the meat.

Shawn:
Now you should'nt have gone done it...because now I realized how 'famished' I am......Ooooh..... :drool:...Pork Roast :thumbup:

But seriously folks...what-cha going to serve with the Roast?

Christopher :chef:

Garlic mashed potatoes with caramelized onions and bread. I'm still trying to figure out what vegetable I'm going to have with it.

Dessert is almost done.

full

I am a fiend for bread pudding. I like my bread pudding to have multiple texture layers. I don't like bread pudding that is one big soggy mess.

The custard is basically a cream brulee base with raisins, brown sugar and Callebaut chocolate. The bread is a French bread that I cubed and then toasted in the oven. The top is caramelized and chewy while the bottom is a very nice custard.

full

The plate needed more color, mashed potatoes and cauliflower probably weren't the best choice but I needed to use up the cauliflower.

Dinner was a hit and the kids did the clean up :thumbup1:

Looks great. Oddly, I put one on a slow bake with just a little bay, thyme, and salt, just before running across this thread.

Looks great. Oddly, I put one on a slow bake with just a little bay, thyme, and salt, just before running across this thread.

Separated at birth? :blink:

What kind of bay? Old Bay Spice mix or whole bay leaves or ground bay leaves?

Thyme is one of my favorite herbs.

Top Bottom