What's new

Looking for a good shave

I have Mr. Taylor, TOBS. I like the product, and the light, long lasting scent! I have almost a full tub, but think I should add to my collection. Is the tube version the same, or a little thinner? Any suggestions?

Personally, I have been using AoS creams lately. They aren't as dense as DRH or CF, but the lather is fantastic. The scents are very nice as well.

The only T&H i have tried have been their samples (1805 and Trafalgar) and they were very nice as well.

Can't offer a comparison of T&H to TOBS but I like the T&H creams. They lather up well and the lavender scent is especially good. I've only tried a sample of the T&H Ultimate Comfort but I was very impressed, that one really lived up to it's name!

Do any of you fine gentlmen have any thoughts on Truefitt & Hill shaving cream? How does it compare to TOBS?

I have tried a couple of creams from both of these houses and they are all great quality. From T+H I have WI Limes and Rose (both warmer weather scents IMO) and from TOBS I have Eton College and Lavender. I am moving more towards soaps these days but I would suggest that the abovementioned creams are all similar in performance. With TOBS being less expensive, I would tend to look there first for your desired fragrance.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I didn't get a good skin reaction to T&H. I tried 2 TOBS and found them better (since nothing bad happened...).

I also had a bad skin reaction to T&H. Auwful. I tried Grafton. The scent was ok, but the lather was very bubbly and week. I definetly used enough product and got a bowl worth of lather.
Anyway it was the worst reaction that I ever had to a product. And I did experiment with lots of products.

TOBS is better than T&H, but it's not that great. Too airy and not much cushion..
There are many creams that are better:Speick, Proraso, Nivea, Palmolive..

Top Bottom