What's new

Is Thayers Witch Hazel any good?

I use Thayers alcohol free witch hazel.
Yes it can have no alcohol.
If it didn't then the good people at Thayers would be liars.
No, really, Witch Hazel is a plant. It's the bark and/or leaves that are used to make the toner. It is a natural astringent. It does not need to have alcohol in it.
To answer your question directly, yes it is good and worth the money.

+1

Great post-shave product! :thumbup1:

The plant itself is native to a broad region of North American including Illinois--plant one--I did--just leave yourself a bit of space, they are tree-like shrubs and will get big.

They flower first in the spring, and have great autumn color.

So let your inner hippie out--plant yourself some witch hazel and enjoy it outside in your yard as well as on your face whether Thayers, Dickinsons, or Generic. And, if you have a chemistry set--distill your own.

You need to try different products to decide which is right for you. I've tried the following for aftershave:
1) Dickinson's WH - 14% alcohol. About $3. My favorite. I find it soothing without burn or redness. Even if I use a scented AS, I apply this first.
2) Sea Breeze Sensitive - used for many years when I shaved with a cart. I don't know the alcohol %.
3) Thayers Lavender - w/o alcohol. It just didn't do anything for me after many years of Sea Breeze or WH. To me it's like scented water.
4) Thayers Aftershave WH with 20% alcohol - Yikes, the burn and redness. It feels like 70% alcohol, not 20%. Didn't like this at all. Too strong for my face.

Top Bottom