What's new

FYI sending packages

I didn't know this til just recently so I thought I would share to make life easier for others. USPS priority mail packages are free.(Boxes,envelopes,etc.) with your postage and you can also schedule a pickup at your door which is convenient for me because I live in a subdivision with a mailbox pod at the entrance.Nowhere to safely leave a package there for pickup. I have been going to the Post Office the whole time when I need to mail a package. Kinda makes the cost of priority mail worth the extra in my book plus tracking and delivery confirmation is free when you do it online. Thats all I have.Thank you

Yep the box is free. And if you pay online they include delivery confirmation free and the mail person will pick it up at your door if you request.Also free.

Yep you can pick'em up at the post office. No they charge for the postage but the box is included. You can just get the boxes and leave with them and then do your shipping at home. I do. I think you can order them online too and have them delivered.

That by the way is the only way to use paypal for USPS. If someone gifts money to you you cant bill your paypal for shipping they have to buy goods.
Its a great setup in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure the other carriers (UPS and Fedex) offer free boxes and mailers. Just walk in the store and they are sitting in a rack. Not 100% sure on that one though. With USPS, you usually don't have to ask. Their priority mail envelopes and flat rate boxes are in a rack when you walk in. The only caveat with the Priority Mail shippers is that what you have must fit inside, and it must be shipped Priority Mail.

Has the USPS tracking system improved? Last I remember it was totally worthless.

Top Bottom