What's new

Persona Prep Surgical Blades cuts like no other!

Yes Gentlemen after trying multiple blades (Gillette 7am, Wilkinson Sword, Persona Red, Feathers, Astras, Sharks, Dorcos, Derbys, and Crystals) I have found the one that rules them all. The Persona Prep Surgical Blade (hospital grade) cut my tough whiskers like no other I have used. Only two passes WTG, ATG and it left me BBS! Again on the second shave, same thing. WTG, ATG and BBS smooth. I am looking forward to using the same blade again tomorrow for a third try. From what I hear these blades will last up to 6-7 shaves. Did I mention that after using my AS both times no burn at all :w00t:

I purchased them from http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/. David was cool and also threw in 3 other sample blade sets. I also purchased the Persona Barber Blade, I want to try that too but I can't image it cutting any better than this blade "Holy cutting steel, Batman!"!! :batman:

For those of you loving on the insert your blade name here, I would highly recommend trying this blade out. The only blade I got the same closeness but it took me 3 passes (WTG, XTG, ATG) was the feathers. However on the second shave with the Feather I would get lots of drag on the ATG and have to replace the blade. Same problem with the others I listed above. Since making the switch to DE shaving I had yet to find a blade make it through a second shave with out drag for me, because of my hazardous hair!

Will see how long this blade will last, the fact it made it through two shaves and only two passes I AM SUPER STOKED :jump:!!!

Happy Shaving,

Joey

Last edited:
The Personna Meds have been a great find this year for me. Very smooth and very long lasting. Usually I'll get 6 shaves with this one vs 5 with Feathers and 2-3 with most other blades.

I don't use de's very often, mostly single edge and injectors, but I wasn't overly impressed with the medical Personnas I tried. If I was going to use current production blades it would be the Super-Max platinums made by Vidyut. Much, much better blade, but I have enough vintage Gillettes, Wilkinsons and Schicks to last quite a while.

Does anybody know how the Meds stack up against the Red Pack?

I prefer the meds over the reds. Reds are good but I normally only get one decent shave from them. The meds are sharper and also have lasted me 2 good shaves. I'll see if they can handle 3 tomorrow.

Joey

I prefer the meds over the reds. Reds are good but I normally only get one decent shave from them. The meds are sharper and also have lasted me 2 good shaves. I'll see if they can handle 3 tomorrow.

Joey

And I didn't think anybody had tougher beard than mine. At the very least, I can get 5 good shaves out of a Red. I may give the Meds a try although I have a feeling they may be too sharp for me.

And I didn't think anybody had tougher beard than mine. At the very least, I can get 5 good shaves out of a Red. I may give the Meds a try although I have a feeling they may be too sharp for me.

They are about the same sharpness as a feather but have ability to last and last. As much as I would like to rant about how I got 3 good shaves from the Meds, I was only able to get 2 1/2 with my tough as nails beard. Once I hit the ATG this morning I hit the deadly drag. I wanted so badly to finish up with 3 shaves to just one blade but dared not too!

Switched to another blade and POW :batman: cut right through it leaving me BBS! Sucks that my beard is just so tough. Even with a Kyle's Prep and also trying hot and cold/lukewarm shaves nothing changes. Of course I do see better results with the Kyle's Prep when I have time for it in the morning rush. I should be happy I finally found a blade to get two good shaves out of. Makes me wonder if this is the problem I had before with M3's in tearing me up so much and making me so sensitive :cursing: or so I thought I was sensitive.

I never really spent as much time on my shave as I do know, or the knowledge learning I have spent on technique lathering etc.... I told my wife I think I need to seek a some help as every time I look in the mirror and see my face I just start thinking about the my next shave :a6:

What's the packaging like on these blades? Do they come in bulk in a cardboard box? Are the blades individually wrapped with glue spots?

What's the packaging like on these blades? Do they come in bulk in a cardboard box? Are the blades individually wrapped with glue spots?

Here is a link of the blade
http://www.personna.com/personna/blades/medical/detail/double-edge-prep-blades/

When I ordered 10 they came in no packaging like the reds that come in a tiny cardboard box, not sure if you buy in bulk if that changes? Also they are in a blue wrapper like the following
http://www.razorbladesandmore.com/content/10-medical-personna-double-edge-prep-blades

Does anybody know how the Meds stack up against the Red Pack?

I've tried them both. I can't tell the difference between them at all, and neither one lasts any longer than the other. Nice blades, whose main benefits is their smoothness and relative sharpness, but I wouldn't pay more for these than Red Personnas.

Jeff in Boston

They are individually wrapped but there are no glue spots.

I think these are pretty nice blades. I don't think they are anywhere near as sharp as a Feather, but they're plenty sharp. I, too, have a tough beard but was able to get 3 good shaves out of these blades. The "lab blades" are the same blade and they might be cheaper.

Top Bottom