What's new

New (old) guy intro

Hi All,

Just received an Edwin Jagger DE razor from my wife as a Christmas gift. She also supplied me with some Personna platinum chrome blades.

I had been complaining about the ever rising cost of replacement blades for the various Gillette razors I've used over the years and she must have been paying attention.

Anyway, I'm in my early 60's and have been shaving since I was 15 or so. Started out with a Gillette safety razor but until this morning, I reckon it's been about 30 years or so since I've used a DE razor.

What a treat! I was fearful I'd nick the heck out of my face, but alas, not a scratch. I really like the looks and especially the feel of the EJ razor.

Now I need to ditch the can of Barbasol and get some proper soap and a brush and really begin to enjoy my morning shave.

Looking forward to reading the reviews and getting tips on technique from you folks.

Welcome to B&B. You can't go wrong with an EJ razor. Great for beginners and experienced shavers alike. You must get a blade sampler pack. As for soaps creams, something easy to lather and relatively inexpensive is recommended. I would suggest Cella, Valobra or Proraso. They meet all the criteria forementioned. You don't need to spend a fortune either on a brush. An EJ Best badger is a good starting point and won't break the bank. Happy shaving.

David

Started out with a Gillette safety razor but until this morning, I reckon it's been about 30 years or so since I've used a DE razor.

What a treat! I was fearful I'd nick the heck out of my face, but alas, not a scratch.

Earlier this year I dug out my old Gillette adjustable, for my first DE shave in 25-30 years. I picked up some blades and was anxious all that night about my upcoming shave. But it turned out wonderful. Not a nick or cut. Just like getting back on a bicycle.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. Get yourself that nice soap and a good brush for sure! The best thing about this place is helping us to really enjoy that morning shave for once.

Welcome to B&B. Went through a similar revelation this past summer...hadn't used a DE razor in over 30 years, go tired of the carts and electrics messing up my face, so I decided to return to my roots. It's been a wonderful voyage. You've come to the right place. (BTW, the EJ DE89L is an awesome razor!)

Top Bottom