What's new

Cella Vs Cella, what I believe

Confirmed in another thread that the manufacturer confirmed it's the same. Sorry, don't have the link but it's been linked earlier in this thread.

Oh no, I hope they haven't messed with the ingredients of the brick. The soap was absolutely perfect as it was.

Anyone know if they changed the ingredients in the brick?

I just bought a kilo of the brick last month, and the ingredient list is still the original one. The two soaps have very distinct smells - the one in the red tub has a bit of a chemically smell in the background that doesn't sit well with me. So you're safe for now at least :)

Cella is still awesome, nothing to see here.

Attachments

• $image.gif
    $image.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 174
Marco,

You have commented many times that soaps such as Cella and P.160 are the soaps of choice for the great Italian master barbers.

Could you comment more on other traditions of the great Italian master barbers?

Hot towel before the shave?
Pre shave cream?
Badger or boar brush?
Aftershave? What type (brand)
Talc?

Thanks Marco. Since cella and P.160 are my favorites, I'd like to learn what the Italian masters barbers are doing.

Here is a an Italian Barber (Bullfrog in Milan) that uses Proraso and shows his process. I am sure that this particular barber uses a boar brush and follows up with Proraso aftershave. Not certain if there is an advertisement similar to this for Cella.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=amxH1OUppiI

Last edited:
I just bought a 1k brick and I can attest to the scent difference, also it seems to have a more oily consistency over the tub. I have only had one shave with the brick version so I really can't attest if there is a performance difference. I did get a great shave off it but I don't feel I really nailed the lather yet, though it did seem to lather a bit quicker then the tub.

Still haven't tried any from a brick because I don't know if I could ever use it all. But love the red tub. After reading this though I may just have to give it a try since I already have sensational shaves with the red tub. Thanks Marco.

Yeah I will admit I questioned the idea of getting a brick of soap, would I really use it? After discovering the Marco Method and trying it on other soaps I honestly can't get a better lather the with Cella. This method also makes you go through soap a bit quicker I can kill a tub in 4-6 weeks. So it makes sense for me, now the wife doesn't think I can stick it out with one soap, which is more motivation. Plus I am sure you can get a brick and sell off what you don't want pretty easy!

So Marco thanks for sharing the method it has greatly impacted my shaving. In a good way!!

[QUOTE="Marco]
I believe that Cella 150ml and Cella 1000ml are the same, in the 1000ml version there are only unintended differences, which have perhaps adapted to make it better conserved, perhaps it differs in the quantities of the single ingredients. Surely they are very natural products, made in the most artisanal way possible. In any case, INCI is only a formality written to satisfy the law, perhaps not even completely written all the ingredianti! In my opinion they are sublime soaps, never a disappointment, always perfect; Also '' VIA BARBERIA 2 HERBAE BY OMEGA '' is an excellent soap, less artisan, but also very good. Then for what concerns the Italian barbers, it is true they are really masters, hardly it happens that a young modern barber, succeed and be so good and passionate as the old Italian barbers, they know all about the hair, the ways to treat it and make shaving a real pleasure, they really are professors!

I trotted it out last night, I have a red tub but put it in a different cream jar with a better seal. It was sitting for about 5 years during THE HIATUS (I need a different name for this). It was in decent shape and didn't smell rancid to me. I still scraped off the top half inch with a spoon and had a great shave last night. It's now back in the bathroom drawer where it belongs.

I recently started my third kilo of Cella, love this soap. gives me perfect lather every time. It lasts for over two years when kept wrapped in the fridge, cutting off a piece when needed.

I'm on my last chunk of a kilo I bought a few years ago. It is as good as the day I bought it. After cutting off a piece, I wrapped it in its original plastic paper, put it in a plastic container, and stored it in my garage. Every now and then, I opened it, cut off a new piece, and re-wrapped the old piece. Three years or so later, it is as good as new.

I will definitely buy a new kilo when my current chunk is gone. It is a wonderful, wonderful product.

I caved and bought the 1kg block. For £15 how can you argue with the value alone? It smells absolutely delicious and I've used it exclusively for about a week now and find it easy to lather and a very nice soap. I was a bit hesitant to buy the block last year but I managed to get two other people to share it with, I'm sad to see those other 2/3's leave my bathroom lol.

Regarding the Cella block v Cella cream, do they smell identical? I'm never going to buy the cream tub so I'll never find out any other way. :)

Things I've noticed about the block is some of the 'Cella' writing from the wrapper transferred to the soap like a fake tattoo which made me laugh, easy to remove so not an issue and also that the soap is slightly pink in areas. Why is it pink? I actually found my mwf soap has some ever so slight pink patches too.

I'm late in my soap buying life to cella and the soap baffles me as to why it so cheap. I just wish it came in another distinctive scent such as lavender or rose! This is probably more phcycological on my part as scents are list on me!

WOW, this post is still alive after more than 10 years.

I guess folks will always be interested to learn about great soap such as Cella.

I guess I'm one of those folks 😀

So @Marco, I'd like to ask you about the new Cella "green", the organic cream in tube.. How good is it?

How would it stack against Proraso single edge creams (Cypres Vetiver) in terms of performance? Better? Equal? Worse?

Would this (still) be the case - Proraso vs Cella - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/proraso-vs-cella.199256/post-3044376

Much obliged if you'd share some thoughts!

1612430017235.png

Top Bottom