What's new

A Good Disposable "DE" Style Straight Razor For Travel

I was wondering what you guys would recommend as a good travel disposable, injector style straight razor. I didnt want to take my straights with me when I travel (which I do frequently) so I was wondering what would give me the same shaves (i've never used a DE but I happen to have thousands of DE blades). Would a Shavette be a good choice?

Would a DE be better than a Shavette? Money is not a factor, so what would you say would be the best DE or the best injector style straight?

We have a few Shavette fans here. I am sure one will swing by soon.

If you have thousands of DE blades, yet have not shaved with one, you fit right in.:lol:

I shave with a DE most days, with straights used on week-ends and special occasions. Your other choices are Schick injector, and old-school Single Edge razors (like a Gem). They are all good, but are definitely different than straight shaving. You will have to learn to use them.

lmfao! I've used an SE but i didnt like the tricky angles, so I figured id use the same angles I use on an ordinary straight with a Shavette.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I think a DE is better than a shavette... Easier to use, cheaper to buy.

As someone who uses shavette style straights, I find the Parker straight to be a very nice razor. Its well made and the price won't hurt at all. All I use are disposable blade straights, and when I travel I always take along a couple of the Parkers. Check them out, I think you'll be pleased with them. :thumbup1:

lmfao! I've used an SE but i didnt like the tricky angles, so I figured id use the same angles I use on an ordinary straight with a Shavette.

Since you already know how to use a straight, why not go with a shavette-style razor? I use a Dovo shavette, and that's what I take with me when I travel. A Dovo shavette, though, is much lighter than a straight, so you have to ease up on the pressure even more. A DE would be a perfectly viable option as well, but a completely different experience. In either case, you'll have to check in the blades.

I don't use a straight, but i have seen the $ 4.95 Fromm Hair Shaper from Sally's mentioned in some straight razor forums. I may pick up one just to see...a cheap way to try one anyway
HTH

P

pedro083

most revered and best shaver are two diffrent things. Highest price just now is a eclispe red ring, I prefer my british superspeeds(rockets) and if I must use a de instead of straight I will reach for my tv rocket( cant resist then rhodium plated shiney handle:001_tt1:)

Top Bottom