What's new

Amouage Jubilation XXV or Lyric Man

I saw this topic earlier and decided to spray a little of my Jubilation sample to jog my memory. I have a sample of Gold too, but I hate it and I didn't want it anywhere near me. My dad's getting it in his stocking for Christmas. I don't have a sample of Lyric to try alongside Jubilation, but I tested it at a department store during the summer and enjoyed it. I also remember being slightly overwhelmed with the drydown; it was just a touch too effeminate and reminded me of the Bulgari Rose Essentielle which I'd bought as a gift for someone that same day. I don't know whether it's all that accurate of a comparison, but that was the first thing to pop into my head at the time. Definitely not as masculine as Black Aoud or No.88.
On the whole, I think Jubilation is the superior scent. I'd probably use it more for special occasions than as a workhorse/signature, but what applies to me won't necessarily apply to you. If you've sampled Jubilation and enjoyed it, go for it. However, my money has actually been spent on bottles of Dia and Reflection in the past. I still have Reflection and would buy both again in a heartbeat over Lyric, and probably Jubilation. That could change though, because I can't stop smelling my wrist...

Only the XXV which I think is quite nice.

I could tell you my opinion, but that most likely will differ from yours.

I don't think I would make a decision on such pricey bottles before sampling them all. With that type of investment, you probably want to know beforehand exactly what you are getting. You can get samples of all of these at Lucky Scent without killing the bank account.

Top Bottom