What's new

Talisker 10 y.o.

What do you guys think of this one? I blind bought it the other day (I figured I should branch out from Islay to another island). I've only tried it once so far, and found it quite enjoyable.

Personally, I think Talisker has one of the best 10 Year old single malts out there. There are many others I like more with a few more years on them but at 10 years, Talisker is it.

Count me as a fan. It's a unique style, definitely smoky and powerful but not quite as phenolic as most of the the Islays. Here are my tastig notes:

Color - full gold
Nose - winey, very delicate peat
Flavor - from a fruity, winey start, builds into a big and powerful smoky finale. Notions of English Latakia-blend pipe tobacco.
Finish - Spicy, peppery, powerful, long

I love it! For me, I find the distilleries from the area known as the Islands (Skye, Orkney etc) such as Talisker and Highland Park display the best attributes of Islay and Speyside whiskies.

I, too, thought of how it brings the best of the Speysides and Islay malts together in one glass. Only had it once, but I'll consider a bottle down the line.

Talisker is the only whiskey from the Aisle of Skye. It is a great middle of the road Scotch I would suggest to anyone. It is medium in body, has some sweetness, smoky but lite on the peat, medium in price. It is a great beginner's bottle though I'd suggest something a little lighter on the pallet.

Personally, I think Talisker has one of the best 10 Year old single malts out there. There are many others I like more with a few more years on them but at 10 years, Talisker is it.

I agree with this. It is also the one I recommend people branch out to, after they get started with something like a Glenfiddich or Macallan. It has some smoke and peat to it, doesn't break the bank, and is a good stepping stone to the really peaty Islay malts.

Top Bottom